CNS performance carb?

have to nurse it up to WOT means the mids are too lean, raise the needle, enlarge pilot jet, adjust airscrew thingy.

theres so many people on here asking simple questions that "work in motorbike shops" or "are car mechanics but arent familiar with twostrokes" that its scary.

one person thought there was something wrong because the piston covers his intake port!

hence why i do ALL my own work. from bleeding brakes to splitting the cases so i can replace the second gear that came out in the last oil change, all with no manual or resorting to asking random people for help... its MY LIFE at risk.

yeah, i did 3 years of my apprenticeship, at least the tech course side of it, in 3 months... then i got dermatitis and the :poop: at getting paid $175 after tax a week... mechanics...highly rewarding career...not. at least in this country. germans take a completely different approach to it.

yet i could have gone to law school, be completely ignorant on everything, but charge a few hundred an hour...maybe im not that smart at all :giggle:

anyway. richen up the low end of things...

have to nurse it up to WOT means the mids are too lean, raise the needle, enlarge pilot jet, adjust airscrew thingy.

theres so many people on here asking simple questions that "work in motorbike shops" or "are car mechanics but arent familiar with twostrokes" that its scary.

one person thought there was something wrong because the piston covers his intake port!

hence why i do ALL my own work. from bleeding brakes to splitting the cases so i can replace the second gear that came out in the last oil change, all with no manual or resorting to asking random people for help... its MY LIFE at risk.

yeah, i did 3 years of my apprenticeship, at least the tech course side of it, in 3 months... then i got dermatitis and the :poop: at getting paid $175 after tax a week... mechanics...highly rewarding career...not. at least in this country. germans take a completely different approach to it.

yet i could have gone to law school, be completely ignorant on everything, but charge a few hundred an hour...maybe im not that smart at all :giggle:

anyway. richen up the low end of things...

I agree with your conclusion, have raised clip helped slightly but the air mixture screw is under that stupid brass cap cause I've got the ****ty generation carb so gotta drill that out first and I can't seem to find anywhere that sells cns pilot jets does anyone know of one? Also heard that blocking one of the hoses coming from carb causes it to stop using pilot jet, thinking this May possible help

raise clip or lower clip to raise needle?

:giggle:

maybe a politician instead... then i could also enjoy an early retirement with 200K a year guaranteed...

see how frustrating it is? i bet in a week, youll be back to the old stocker and join the rest of us in slagging off the alternatives :)

there's so many people on here asking simple questions that "work in motorbike shops" or "are car mechanics but aren't familiar with two-strokes" that its scary.

:bowdown::love::lipsrsealed2:

I'm glad someone said what needed to be said!

i could have gone to law school, be completely ignorant on everything, but charge a few hundred an hour...maybe im not that smart at all

I agree. with you 100%, because i'm in the same boat.
Only recently i needed to send a letter to a specific person and the solicitor's price to send a "single page" document was $600. Worse still is that the solicitor said i should send out the letter twice on different days just to make sure they received it - i.e. $1200 to send the same letter.

Adding insult to injury is that the content of the letter would take up no more space than 6 lines on the page; naturally being palmed off to the junior solicitor; taking no more than 2 minutes to type up.

i really dont care anything of anyones personal life on here i just wish to learn and tinker and learn again, thats all. if you dont like the questions, dont answer. simple.

Anyways ignoring my grammar and such, turns out when i bought the carb i took it apart to inspect the float design and the tang fell out, i must have put it in the opposite way as i just flipped it and it no longer floods (except on rare occasion which i think is just the angle of my intake caused this, ground level etc) the carb responds much better but still bogs at wot, going to order some bigger jets but even with the air screw backed out the idle is always fast and nice at first but once the bikes been running for at least 7 mins the idle goes way down n i have to adjust idle screw or else it dies again.

I'm pretty close to just buying a diaphragm wallbro, i have all the tools necessary for pulse lines and etc.

Still a bit of float level adjusting too do then i guess we'll see how the larger jets go.

Only recently i needed to send a letter to a specific person and the solicitor's price to send a "single page" document was $600. Worse still is that the solicitor said i should send out the letter twice on different days just to make sure they received it - i.e. $1200 to send the same letter.

a girl i once knew, great guitar player, oh my, great...ahem... they say guitars have feminine curves? :giggle:

been a long time since contact was made. curiosity got the better of me...

she sold out!!!!

yep, lawyer. yuk. all high falooting now!

the curves are still fine though, which is rare after twelve odd years!

maybe its just the tailored threads?

*sniff*

i suppose one has to pay off that $200k mercedes somehow....

dont worry nashy, the personal touches are what brings us back :giggle:

Just get the diaphragm Walbro carburettor and be done with it, but, make sure you get the """thermal isolation spacer""" or you will have no end of trouble with fuel vaporisation.
The thermal isolation spacer is absolutely essential if the carburettor is to work correctly.

F@CK yes!

After much adjustment I finally set the float to the correct level, and damn this carb can rip. Response is great in fact it just threw me off a trail haha! Just needed to adjust to compensate for the angle of the intake. Stock jetting is actually not so bad where I am located I guess. Getting higher revs and good top speed, dialed the mix screws in correctly.

All I need to go about now is the c-clip position because the engine runs insanely hot, will hopefully have a success story after all this.

Still considering the wallbro in the long run but the only dissuasion is the price, I would rather buy a wallbro off eBay and fabricate an intake or buy one that fits the thermal isolation spacer.

Money money money, anyways just posting my good news.

"insanely hot" reminds me of a girl i once knew, as well :giggle:

define seriously hot...its air cooled. they get hot.

if its starting to get pre ignition/auto ignition and runs with the plug wire removed...yeah, thats insanely hot :)

if it just sizzles when you lick your finger and touch the head...whatever...thats normal. you jet for performance, not a relatively subjective term "insanely hot".

i define the flame on the acetylene kit as insanely hot when compared to using LPG. but both are relatively cold compared to the tig arc... and the plasma cutter, thats just insane from the word go!

think in terms of other similar small engines, say a chainsaw after an hours hard use, or the brushcutter or something...

Back