Engine Trouble Cracked Engine???

micromaster22

Local time
4:57 PM
So about a month ago I was riding the bike and slipped on wet pavement and tipped the bike over on its side. It ran fine afterwords and then randomly after a few rides I started experiencing idle issues. My idle would be very high even with the trottle untouched and the screw backed out almost completly. I parked the bike because I also lost a peddle and I have been busy but I just got bored so I went looking for the leak.

Initially after spraying carb cleaner around the engine found a leak at the carb and intke connection. I temporaily taped it up to see if that was my only leak, Its not.

After spraying the engine again I found a crack just above the magneto housing where the cylinder meets the bottom end.

How can I fix this crack? I have not removed the cylinder yet to see if it is bigger underneath. This engine has recently passed the break in period and has been my third engine since I got into this whole motorized bike thing.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1507920933621.jpg
    FB_IMG_1507920933621.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 225
So about a month ago I was riding the bike and slipped on wet pavement and tipped the bike over on its side. It ran fine afterwords and then randomly after a few rides I started experiencing idle issues. My idle would be very high even with the trottle untouched and the screw backed out almost completly. I parked the bike because I also lost a peddle and I have been busy but I just got bored so I went looking for the leak.

Initially after spraying carb cleaner around the engine found a leak at the carb and intke connection. I temporaily taped it up to see if that was my only leak, Its not.

After spraying the engine again I found a crack just above the magneto housing where the cylinder meets the bottom end.

How can I fix this crack? I have not removed the cylinder yet to see if it is bigger underneath. This engine has recently passed the break in period and has been my third engine since I got into this whole motorized bike thing.
Jb weld smudged into the crack on both sides or buy new case half.

It may be a bit worse than that - I'd jbweld as above, but that bolt helps to seal the case halves. I'd also use an impact driver to tighten all case bolts, then clean case a bit along front seam and run a bead of jbweld along that seam top & bottom just to be sure. With a bit of luck, this is fixable.

I got a crack on my engine under the crankcase so that unburdened fuel leaks out. Try JB weld for steel. It might help with the other crack too.

Back