Disc brakes

You may be able to use these adapters...I would advise that you be ready to drill a hole in each one that will hopefully be able to match an existing hole in the frame dropouts though for stability so they do not shift on you.

On my bike, (steel frame ONLY), i had to "stretch" the rear forks apart by hand, about 1/2 an inch to put the rear wheel with sprocket/rotor attached, and then use a spare 15MM axle nut on the sprocket/rotor inside of the drop down, threaded to the axle with blue locktite, to maintain that amount of "stretch" to accommodate the amount of of clearance space the rotor needs so as not to be pressed against the frame.

It helps to have a buddy with a strong pair of hands to help in this proceedure like I did...lol.

Do NOT attempt to stretch if you have an aluminum frame as it will crack on you.

You may also be able to do something like I adapted later on so I can R&R the rear wheel by myself though, this method is perfect if your using mag wheels but might be a little tricky with spoked rims.

Here is the tool I adapted:
And this is how the tool works:
The bracket looks nice but in their video and on the website they say it won't work with my style of frame. I do not have drop out frame.

You may be able to use these adapters...I would advise that you be ready to drill a hole in each one that will hopefully be able to match an existing hole in the frame dropouts though for stability so they do not shift on you.

On my bike, (steel frame ONLY), i had to "stretch" the rear forks apart by hand, about 1/2 an inch to put the rear wheel with sprocket/rotor attached, and then use a spare 15MM axle nut on the sprocket/rotor inside of the drop down, threaded to the axle with blue locktite, to maintain that amount of "stretch" to accommodate the amount of of clearance space the rotor needs so as not to be pressed against the frame.

It helps to have a buddy with a strong pair of hands to help in this proceedure like I did...lol.

Do NOT attempt to stretch if you have an aluminum frame as it will crack on you.

You may also be able to do something like I adapted later on so I can R&R the rear wheel by myself though, this method is perfect if your using mag wheels but might be a little tricky with spoked rims.

Here is the tool I adapted:
And this is how the tool works:
I have another question for you. If I use the slime tubes and my tire wears out how do I get the tire off the rim? I found out you cannot leak air out of it with the valve because the slime fills the air valve.

The bracket looks nice but in their video and on the website they say it won't work with my style of frame. I do not have drop out frame.
Show me some pics of your bike overall and then some close ups of the front and rear forms where your rims mount to.
One of the reasons why I stated to be prepared to drill a whole to hold it in place to stablise the adapter from moving on you.
I have another question for you. If I use the slime tubes and my tire wears out how do I get the tire off the rim? I found out you cannot leak air out of it with the valve because the slime fills the air valve.
I just use a Schrader valve core removal tool is all.

Show me some pics of your bike overall and then some close ups of the front and rear forms where your rims mount to.
One of the reasons why I stated to be prepared to drill a whole to hold it in place to stablise the adapter from moving on you.

I just use a Schrader valve core removal tool is all.
Will the bracket you showed me work on a frame that is not drop out?

I would then have to install an adapter to get up to 203 mm disc size
I have found in over ten years of building these things that there is no such thing as one size fits all and everything just goes together right out of the box...You have to constantly be thinking out of the box and either have, or learn new skills as you go along...Almost everything on these bikes need some adaptation.

Attachments

• IMG_20231207_084139262_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231207_084139262_HDR.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20231207_084128397.jpg
    IMG_20231207_084128397.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20231207_084122473_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231207_084122473_HDR.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 30
I have found in over ten years of building these things that there is no such thing as one size fits all and everything just goes together right out of the box...You have to constantly be thinking out of the box and either have, or learn new skills as you go along...Almost everything on these bikes need some adaptation.
This is a Kent Bayside and I have already added disc brake to the front. Now I need it in the back also.

It should work, you just may need to do some adaptation as previously mentioned is all.

I am sure some others will come along here this morning once they get outta bed and suck down a cup of coffee and maybe give some other pointers based on their experiences too.

Back