Do I NEED a windowed piston in order to use a reed valve?

I also have a g2 Reed but was having the issue with the air leaks and didn’t want to get into that yet so I got the rse

Alright I’m gonna be running a rse Reed with a nt carb exhaust ported and intake ported third transfer double window piston and boost port im running a 72 jet rn you think I’m gonna have to bump up to 80?
Idk about the double window piston though. Your best bet is to make your own window piston with the window being the same width as your intake port but not too high or too low. LA HOVER does a video on YouTube you can use as a study guide. But here's my window piston. Some people said it would break but it's 2 months going strong. Oh and hey I think with a case Reed you might not need a window piston . I'd look into more before you waste money on a window piston you don't need.

Attachments

• 20230103_221204.jpg
    20230103_221204.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 65
Idk about the double window piston though. Your best bet is to make your own window piston with the window being the same width as your intake port but not too high or too low. LA HOVER does a video on YouTube you can use as a study guide. But here's my window piston. Some people said it would break but it's 2 months going strong. Oh and hey I think with a case Reed you might not need a window piston . I'd look into more before you waste money on a window piston you don't need.
The idea of the dual windows has 2 primary functions. One is simply piston stability. The bridge between the 2 windows keeps support on one of the highest stress areas of the piston, the face of the thrust side.

The second really only applies if the port is wider than it is tall, and changes from a round or square inlet and flattens out, like many saw cylinders. As the port widens out the flow is pulled to the side, which is the area of greatest velocity, so the two side windows are there to try and take advantage of that.

Back