Engine pinging and loss of power

dkl0ud

Local time
2:54 PM
Hello! My motorized bike has this consistent pinging noise coming from the engine, and it limits the power heavily. Sometimes the pinging noise clears up and then the bike rides like normal and tries to zip away like it was taken off its leash but then the pinging comes back and it returns to its normal state of pinging and not going as fast as it can. Maybe somebody could assist me here. Thanks

Hello! My motorized bike has this consistent pinging noise coming from the engine, and it limits the power heavily. Sometimes the pinging noise clears up and then the bike rides like normal and tries to zip away like it was taken off its leash but then the pinging comes back and it returns to its normal state of pinging and not going as fast as it can. Maybe somebody could assist me here. Thanks
Does it sound like this?

Another thing to check is head blots 12Ft/lbs

Brand new engine?
What kind of engine?
What fuel ratio?
Stock spark plug?

Does it sound like this?

Another thing to check is head blots 12Ft/lbs

Brand new engine?
What kind of engine?
What fuel ratio?
Stock spark plug?

Head bolts are torqued to that
The engine is like 3 months old
YD100
32:1
Ngk plug

Andd yes it kind of sounds like that? Its funny that I never thought that this could just be an issue of 4 stroking. Ill check it out

Head bolts are torqued to that
The engine is like 3 months old
YD100
32:1
Ngk plug

Andd yes it kind of sounds like that? Its funny that I never thought that this could just be an issue of 4 stroking. Ill check it out
A good idea is ride the bike normally, till its nice and warm, and then shut it down without idling.

Pull the spark plug and take a picture. It may help see what your a/f ratio is like.

Back