loss of power at 3/4 throttle

memesare

Local time
10:14 PM
i have it running fine, just got a new ngk sparky, new boot and got the carby cleaned out, it was going easily 47-52 kmh now it maxs out like 35-40 going flat but down hill obviously i gain power, was actually running it about 70 kmh last night, but yes i get to full throttle and it feels like its vibrating more and theres a significant power loss, any fix ive just broken the motor in ive been running it on 50:1 like the builder told me to use and that seems fine, not sure about the whole ruch/lean thing any thoughts?

i have a whole tank of 50:1 in it should run that through or tip it and go 32:1, what would be the tell that somethings damaged, i had a mechanic look at it he said it looked and ran fine the only probelm it goes a bit slower
I would dump it into a container and mix it with a new batch of 32:1, It might be a little "thicker", but extra oil won't hurt.

Or you can try doing the math...

i have a whole tank of 50:1 in it should run that through or tip it and go 32:1, what would be the tell that somethings damaged, i had a mechanic look at it he said it looked and ran fine the only probelm it goes a bit slower
Do as you wish then...It's your bike...These "voices in your head" that you are listening to are dead wrong...lol.

1000000769.jpg

There issue with running too little oil is engine cooling, that's why it goes slower with 50:1 ratio. The piston is starting to heat soak and expand too much. If you keep it up the engine will seize.

Why would these guys run 25:1?

There issue with running too little oil is engine cooling, that's why it goes slower with 50:1 ratio. The piston is starting to heat soak and expand too much. If you keep it up the engine will seize.

Why would these guys run 25:1?

im gonna empt my 50:1 tank when i get home and change it for 32:1

Back