Fairly new Chinese 80cc not running at full potential with occasional starting issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, me and long distance running get along like oil and water. My genetics agree with this too, as I have a higher than average level of DNA that is traced to Neanderthal's, and one of those traits is being better at sprinting than long distance running. I fit that one REALLY well. for 250+lb guy I could keep up and even pass some of our receivers in football doing sprints. Where I got left in the dust was when we ran laps lol
Hey man I'm 41 and if I walk a quick Pace, I'm out of breath. I suppose it probably has a little bit to do with my chest being caved in from CPR and stuff. So when I take a deep breath my lungs push into my ribs.

So is there a really good way to lock the main, I'm going to call it, "flywheel" but clutch gear whatever so I can pull that bevel gear off.

The more I keep trying to thread in the tool and then tighten up the nut to pull the gear off the more the tool pulls out instead and it strips of threads and I don't want to keep doing that to the point where it won't work.

So what is the best way to lock that clutch gear in order to thread in the puller. And threaded in enough so that it doesn't come out when you start tightening it down. But rather pulls the gear out. As of now I'm just using a screwdriver to lock it from spinning.

By the way the gear looks I honestly didn't think it was on that tight. But it seems to be.

Hey man I'm 41 and if I walk out of quick Pace I'm out of breath. I suppose I probably has a little bit to do with my chest being caved in from CPR and stuff. So when I take a deep breath my lungs push into my ribs.

So is there a really good way to lock the main, I'm going to call it, "flywheel" but clutch gear whatever so I can pull that bevel gear off.

The more I keep trying to thread in the tool and then tighten up the nut to pull the gear off the more the tool pulls out instead and it strips of threads and I don't want to keep doing that to the point where it won't work.

So what is the best way to lock that clutch gear in order to thread in the puller. And threaded in enough so that it doesn't come out when you start tightening it down. But rather pulls the gear out. As of now I'm just using a screwdriver to lock it from spinning.

By the way the gear looks I honestly didn't think it was on that tight. But it seems to be.
Once again i will say it...PLEASE wait for the other guys on here in the forums that have had to actually do this answer that question...The rest of us can only guess.

Try as hard as you can to really clean the threads on the bevel gear of all grit and grime. A toothbrush and wd40 are hard to beat. That will allow you to thread the tool on.

After that, a penny wedged between the 2 gears is usually my trick to keep it still.

Edit. Make sure to get that puller seated as far as possible.

Once again i will say it...PLEASE wait for the other guys on here in the forums that have had to actually do this answer that question...The rest of us can only guess.
Yes, please wait. We don't want your bike to be broken beyond repair. I have absolutely 0 experience with clutches because I don't even have one, my clutch is completely different

Try as hard as you can to really clean the threads on the bevel gear of all grit and grime. A toothbrush and wd40 are hard to beat. That will allow you to thread the tool on.

After that, a penny wedged between the 2 gears is usually my trick to keep it still.
Ahh, the voice of experience speaks...lol.

Yes, please wait. We don't want your bike to be broken beyond repair. I have absolutely 0 experience with clutches because I don't even have one, my clutch is completely different
It is broken Beyond repair I've had enough of it. Something like that should not break right away especially as spun out as it is I'm telling that vendor to send me another motor now.

Not that I'll have a place to install it or anything so maybe I should just ask for my money back. But then again I just lost a bunch of money on another motor. I mean I know they're Chinese crap but I expect a little better than this. And I don't mean any offense to the guys who can keep these things going I don't understand how you do. Either that or I get the worst luck in the world and it just happens to be my luck. Or someone's screwing with me it's kind of an odd way but who knows.

As of now I'm just trying to get the darn thing off. They're stupid tool ( and I do know how to use a puller tool it's a pretty simple concept), I've removed bearings off cars a lot more easier than this. The tool that they sent with the kit is useless. And once again why would it spin out that bad, that quick especially if it's on that hard that is stripping the threads on the tools.

Those cheap puller tools are notoriously crap. I have several on hand because they strip out so easy. They are made out of the cheapest of the cheap metal.

It's crucial that you clean out those threads as much as possible so you can get them threaded on as far as possible. You need as many threads engaged as possible so they don't strip.

Those cheap puller tools are notoriously crap. I have several on hand because they strip out so easy. They are made out of the cheapest of the cheap metal.

It's crucial that you clean out those threads as much as possible so you can get them threaded on as far as possible. You need as many threads engaged as possible so they don't strip.
100% it's cheap chinesium aluminum (as in most of the engine tbh). Clean the the threads at the very least. Tool end and engine end both.

It is broken Beyond repair I've had enough of it. Something like that should not break right away especially as spun out as it is I'm telling that vendor to send me another motor now.

Not that I'll have a place to install it or anything so maybe I should just ask for my money back. But then again I just lost a bunch of money on another motor. I mean I know they're Chinese crap but I expect a little better than this. And I don't mean any offense to the guys who can keep these things going I don't understand how you do. Either that or I get the worst luck in the world and it just happens to be my luck. Or someone's screwing with me it's kind of an odd way but who knows.

As of now I'm just trying to get the darn thing off. They're stupid tool ( and I do know how to use a puller tool it's a pretty simple concept), I've removed bearings off cars a lot more easier than this. The tool that they sent with the kit is useless. And once again why would it spin out that bad, that quick especially if it's on that hard that is stripping the threads on the tools.
like @ImpulseRocket said and I have also told many people, CLEAN THE THREADS before you dare to insert the removal tool. I made sure all the threads were clean before using mine and it worked ok. I cracked a clutch shaft with it once but learned to insert a washer or bolt or something (forget at this point) to distribute the force more evenly

like @ImpulseRocket said and I have also told many people, CLEAN THE THREADS before you dare to insert the removal tool. I made sure all the threads were clean before using mine and it worked ok. I cracked a clutch shaft with it once but learned to insert a washer or bolt or something (forget at this point) to distribute the force more evenly
Well in my case it's probably too late then. You know I honestly didn't think of that and I just tried to thread the puller tool in. like it should work. but you're right the puller tool itself is cheap chineseium metal. But if I'm not mistaken that gear is hardened steel and is very rare for it to go like that, correct?

I'm not as frustrated today and I'm not ready to give up on this. So let's assume that the puller tool won't work at this point.

Either because it just won't work or because I fubard it. What is my other options? surely they sell proper tools that are made of better material that will work, correct? Financial wise I'm getting in pretty deep for something that's supposed to be so cheap. And I really don't understand why that gear did that especially that soon in to begin with. Just another strange coincidence I guess, coupled with the worst luck in the world that I seem to have.

I mean I've seen Motors that have been running for years and that gear isn't even close to worn down let alone what it did to mine. Kind of makes one wonder if maybe something was bent there and the gear was misaligned. I really don't understand how that could happen especially if the gear is on there that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back