Engines

Verlonmon

Local time
6:55 AM
So can I get opinions on the most powerful .yet reliable 2 stroke engines on market please.to many too guess at .need someone's input thanks bunch

The most powerful yet reliable would be one that you go through yourself. Clean up casting flash in the ports without changing port shape for power, balance the crank (there are vids on how to balance it), get a cdi that advances timing in higher rpm, japanese crank and clutch shaft bearings, aftermarket cnc head with better cooling (and maybe a larger volume to lower compression some). The other mods would cancel out power loss from lowering your compression making it flow freely increasing power from that. Make an expansion chamber with a long header so power comes on in the low rpm for off the line (stop sign) power, but don't rev it above 7k rpm. Making it get high hp numbers and high rpm lowers reliability. If you got low end grunt you can climb hills at idle clutch engaged (I climbed Mount Rubidoux in Riverside, California without using my throttle or pedaling on my 2 stroke). Lowering the compression and smoothing out the engine power with balancing and proper timing makes the engine last thousands of miles.

The best is the Morini, which is no longer made, so you'll have to find a used one. Next is the Denardis, based on the Morini and made in the USA.

I have been wanting to do a denardis build with the rev50 shift that runs 6 gears.
engine1.png

It's built a little more oversquare then the single speed variants, but that's because it's built to get more power in higher rpms.

What about that morini[?] clone Dax sells for $500?

Back