Go big or go home pa50ii honda

DieselTech

Local time
9:31 PM
Ok guys I've been thinking on building a engine, maybe more than i should even be thinking of. Can I get some advice or suggestions from all you professionals out there on building a honda pa50ii 2 stroke engine. These are the parts I'm looking at. Polini 46mm super street cylinder kit with matched cylinder head. Super stuffed race crankshaft, Simonini pro circuit race pipe, HPI fully adjustable ignition system, mikuni vm20 carb & intake, billet intake adapter & reed block with boyeson .35mm reeds. Will be a expensive build some what I guess you could say. What's your guys thoughts?
hobbit-SUPER-STREET-PACK-2T.jpg
hobbit-super-stuffy-dlx-party-1.jpg
hobbit-mini-rotor-210K094-2T.jpg
hobbit-simo-circuit-chrome-alu-1.jpg
hobbit-carb-pack-vm20-1.jpg
cnc-hobbit-vm20-intake-2T.jpg
hobbit-cnc-reedblock-2T.jpg

Yeah them are đź’© pics, I guess treatland dont want you to copy anything I'm taking it. They claim pipe makes big torque at low to midrange rpm. Pipe I'm unsure on, cause they have like 20 different performance pipes for the hobbit. Yeah I'll have to buy some propriety 2 stroke tools for this build, like case spreader, case install press, & a clutch puller, the case press also doubles as a crank seal installer. I'm just curious if this is something I can do myself, or to just take it to someone that does this for a living. I've been building engines most of my adult life, just not 2 strokes.

Well I acquired some cash today, now do I want to build a case reed honda or not? I've been lurking on moped army & trying to figure out what's the best build options, the engine would run if I just bought reeds. 40mm cylinder looks good, crank looks good, I'll need to buy a cylinder head also if I just want to run it the way it is now, factory heads have de-comp valve that are known to leak. Would this engine in stock form make as much power as my 79cc steel sleeve CG?

Well I might be stupid if I decide to build this engine, only thing I'll be using is the engine case, I'm looking for a pipe that is more suited for low to mid range torque, I dont need to go 60mph or nothing. I figured everything up on this build including all the speciality tools I'll need to do the build. I'm looking at having to spend $1200-$1300 but that is the best of everything including a TJT variator setup. I might get this pipe instead. Thoughts on the build? Am I out of my mind for doing something like this? Might put the engine on a bicycle, hell idk!!!
hobbit-simo-high-kick-clear-al-2T.jpg

I'm just saying I have no need to go 60mph, even thou it will probably go that fast with these parts. The pa50i cases are smaller in the cylinder area, as well as the reed opening is smaller. The pa50ii cases dont require machine work to the cylinder opening for most big bore kits, with the exception of 2 kits the Metra kit, & the stage6 air to liquid cooled conversion kit. I'm trying to figure out what the best direction to go & if I build this engine, is it worth it? I dont mind spending the money if my end product is a good quality reliable engine. The other option I got is a honda aero nb50 engine. I like the china girl engines just dont like the hit & miss parts you sometimes get.

I don't know a whole lot about these, but I've ridden a Minarelli hybrid build. Its fast, smooth, quiet, and parts are supposedly better in comparison to the China dolls.

I guess my thing is I like quality, & the ability to buy quality parts. I want or wanted a minarelli hybrid until I came across a couple of honda 2 strokes.

Underground what are you talking about by intermediate hub for the ability of good brakes? I'm just trying to figure out what you are meaning?

Back