GT80 4.5 hp from gasbike dos and donts before first start!?!?

Sumsloppymeet

Local time
1:09 AM
Ive started a project and am curious after receiveing the kit i purchased was from gasbike for 299.99. Its a 2015 model states the sticker im curious what all i should probably do before installing ive already noticed it has scratching on the piston from shotty porting and theres debris in the engine from first glance.
20170818_004728.jpg
20170818_004750.jpg
20170818_004801.jpg
20170818_004833.jpg

depends a lot on your skill level - I like to open a new motor to see if anything needs attention, and to oil the bottom end a bit

OTOH, I've seen folks go horribly wrong doing that without the proper skills, so those folks might be better off just running it to see how it goes

Ive started a project and am curious after receiveing the kit i purchased was from gasbike for 299.99. Its a 2015 model states the sticker im curious what all i should probably do before installing ive already noticed it has scratching on the piston from shotty porting and theres debris in the engine from first glance.View attachment 78501 View attachment 78502 View attachment 78503 View attachment 78504
If you do decide to install it as is I would at least double nut the studs and make sure they are threaded all the way in. The one on the far side of your exhaust in your pic. looks like it is out farther than the nearer one. Maybe put a little dab of grease on the bevel and clutch gears.

well i cant say ive done it on a 2 stroke before but im pretty mechanically inclined on full size vehicles i have the tools necessary to tear the motor completly apart im just making sure ive got correct torques for the correct bolts ive picked up a high performance gasket kit along side copper head and exhaust gaskets ive got the HD stud set to install and i have a new ported piston with graphite bushing heading here aswell not to mention the THREAD GRABBER lol exhaust set up ive read about in the forums i have several new chains and am going to upgrade the throttle to something not plastic in a few days im curious moslty which and how to go about port mapping if any is needed and thing like that and if balance is an issue that i could mess with on accident

You might want to cc the head. While it's not etched in stone all of the Kings/gasbike heads like the one you have that I have seen are 8cc heads. If this is the case with yours the compression will be much lower than a stock slant plug head. If you live at a lower elev. this won't be as big of a deal as it is here.

What's the honest difference between high performance gaskets and standard gaskets when it comes to these things...

Somehow I don't trust things with high performance stamped on them, especially when they they came straight out of China...

What's the honest difference between high performance gaskets and standard gaskets when it comes to these things...

Somehow I don't trust things with high performance stamped on them, especially when they they came straight out of China...

The "performance gaskets" are just normal paper gaskets sprayed with copper spray paint. This helps the gasket last longer because the copper coating conducts the heat between the two surfaces much more equally. They are better than standard but i wouldn't pay more then a few bucks extra for them

Back