Exhaust Help a newbie out!

StingingLM

Local time
11:28 AM
Well, I just picked up two 80cc’s from letgo, and I am quite frankly glad that I got two because they both were missing parts so I had to mix and match. Now, I have everything assembled except that all the gaskets are obliterated so i need gaskets (like, badly) and I can’t wait to assemble my motor because I want to impress my buddies with my bike. While I was waiting I figured I could get some advice on exhaust mods for low end power or hill climbing ability, as where I live is all uphill and I tend to get exhausted after an hour. When I got the motors, they came with a stock 80cc exhaust, but the previous owner had already cut the baffle. I want to know if I could do anything with it for more low rpm power (and less noise because, you know, elderly people hate it). Also looking into advice about how to make a freewheel so I can pedal or use the motor without both chains moving. But any mods that have to do with those three factors would be greatly appreciated!
(Also would be good to consider that the only power tool I have is a drill, sad, right?)

Pictures below:

maybe you can put a wad of stainless steel pan scrubby in there, to quiet things down. but I don't think you can alter the stocker for More torque, just more top end HP (and noise), other than getting one of those X port header pieces for like $16, that'd increase header pipe length.

Make as many gaskets as you want/need with the silicone oven stuff, such as this:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/S-T-Silicone-Baking-Sheet-with-Sturdy-Metal-Edge/157894006

or this:
https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=silicone brownie pan

Another member is already using this with good results.

I have one of those silicone dish scrubber/hot pot holder/oven mitt lol
I put it into my oven at 550 degrees for 2 hours and it did not melt.

I've now on order, 2 silicone baking sheets, that's alot of gaskets :D

Another old trick some of us use is to use an empty alum can to make gaskets. That stuff works pretty well!

I like that silicon pan idea tho. I'll have to find out how nice it'll cut on a laser.

Back