Help carb wont fit!

jimmurray

Local time
4:54 AM
Helped my teenage son install motor kit to a bike he found. Ordered new motor kit online got it all done except the carb. It won't fit. Tried copper fittings with jb weld did not work, then tried rubber hose with hose clamps did not work. Any suggestions. We do not have a welder anywhere close by. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• 20230812_124904.jpg
    20230812_124904.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 20230812_121745_001.jpg
    20230812_121745_001.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 67
I have this in my bike. They work pretty good, you just can't idle long or the engine will vapor lock.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
There is also the offset manifold. I prefer the short one because it allows for better air flow

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have this in my bike. They work pretty good, you just can't idle long or the engine will vapor lock.

This intake is like that intake, but has a dedicated 40mm bolt pattern instead of the slotted universal, which means you don't have to line it up with the intake port.

This style of intake also has an O-ring which really helps seal off the joint where the carb connects and prevents air leaks. A common problem with the NT carb.

I used copper fittings and JB Weld....and fiberglas cloth wrap. I've slammed that into the ground at 100mph wrapped around a wing. Dug the engine out of the dirt, tail on top, a circle of shredded balsa... and one intact wing.

Cut your strips and test-wrap fit, then coat with JB and wrap it.
Unlike the RC plane, bike still going, its held up 1100 rough miles of field riding, chasing turkeys cows across rutted fields, and running back roads, flipped it bent handlebars but it holds.

Keep it short works better.
20220710_154636.jpg

I used copper fittings and JB Weld....and fiberglas cloth wrap. I've slammed that into the ground at 100mph wrapped around a wing. Dug the engine out of the dirt, tail on top, a circle of shredded balsa... and one intact wing.

Cut your strips and test-wrap fit, then coat with JB and wrap it.
Unlike the RC plane, bike still going, its held up 1100 rough miles of field riding, chasing turkeys cows across rutted fields, and running back roads, flipped it bent handlebars but it holds.

Keep it short works better.
View attachment 196924
I prefer to keep bends out of the intake manifold, but that works too

Helped my teenage son install motor kit to a bike he found. Ordered new motor kit online got it all done except the carb. It won't fit. Tried copper fittings with jb weld did not work, then tried rubber hose with hose clamps did not work. Any suggestions. We do not have a welder anywhere close by. Thanks for any help.
Check the bottom of intake for a big casting over fill. Remove the intake manifold and sand it smooth all the way around. Then remove the carb clamp and spread the throat of the carb a tiny bit, it should all go together then. Just slip the carb clamp onto the intake manifold before putting the carb on, of course you can test fit it with out the clamp in the way,

Check the bottom of intake for a big casting over fill. Remove the intake manifold and sand it smooth all the way around. Then remove the carb clamp and spread the throat of the carb a tiny bit, it should all go together then. Just slip the carb clamp onto the intake manifold before putting the carb on, of course you can test fit it with out the clamp in the way,
He was referring to the fact that the carburetor doesnt have enough room to fit within the frame...lol...Not that it won't fit on to the intake tube...lol.

Back