Help with vibration

What i found out is if you get a pipe that breaths well and set the carb needle too the second leanest setting one notch up from the middle it runs great very minor 4 stroking but thats good since you know the engine is getting well lubricated

Did you make or use the mounting stay or clamp to steady the muffler to the bike frame?

The muffler, if left to just hang from the exhaust port without support, will vibrate at certain RPMs, and under load it's vibration will become much worse. Always tie the muffler body to the bike frame to keep it from vibrating and eventually striping out your exhaust port studs.

a11285425-63-DSC00060.JPG

Did you make or use the mounting stay or clamp to steady the muffler to the bike frame?

The muffler, if left to just hang from the exhaust port without support, will vibrate at certain RPMs, and under load it's vibration will become much worse. Always tie the muffler body to the bike frame to keep it from vibrating and eventually striping out your exhaust port studs.
Yep i stripped the exhaust studs 4 times because i never tied down the exhaust my fault

Man same here i started drilling them out and putting a thread insert not heli coil, these are a hardend steel ,black with a red thread bond .they only come in std thread. so 1/4" allens is what i use !!you have to be very careful drilling for inserts &tapping,. but i have never had that prob again. ive vibrated my the dam whole bike apart!!, pulled off one time and one of the pedal cranks fell off ! steel thread serts they are great!

Man same here i started drilling them out and putting a thread insert not heli coil, these are a hardend steel ,black with a red thread bond .they only come in std thread. so 1/4" allens is what i use !!you have to be very careful drilling for inserts &tapping,. but i have never had that prob again. ive vibrated my the dam whole bike apart!!, pulled off one time and one of the pedal cranks fell off ! steel thread serts they are great!
Ditch the heavy ass muffler and get a nice light expansion banana pipe it may make a lot more noise but it has a ton more torque

Back