hi, im new here

holdenrodder

Local time
6:05 PM
im from australia, always been into fabrication/mechanicals, and a keen car enthusiast, i drive a 63' holden as my daily. problem is im gunna lose my licence soon, and its a 25k trip to where i work as an apprentice electrician, with no public transport... thats where this forum comes in :D i intend to build a bike that has a good top speed, but it also needs to be reliable. i look forward to some experianced advice, and some new angles to look at things, but il get to that in another post. btw, im not real experianced at forums either :geek:
thanks!

Welcome to MBc, H.Rodder. Now that you have introduced yourself, be sure to read all you can, including the 'Stickies' at the top of every Forum. They contain a lot of information. For example, ‘Sticky’ by Al.Fisherman has 20 or so links to “How To…” threads, and important pages for you to follow. ‘Sticky’ by Anton "Forum Rules and Infractions” is a must read about how you are expected to Conduct yourself. However, read all of them, and be sure to use the search feature. Almost every question you might have has already been asked and answered someplace here. If you are still stumped with a certain problem, post your question in the proper Forum and I am sure you will get an answer.

Personally, I would start with a solid, reliable, well-built cruiser. It doesn't have to be new, or have a showroom paint job...just solid. Next I would get a kit with a 4-Stroke engine...I have always found a 4-Stroke to be more reliable than a 2-Stroke. No, that's as far as I'm going to get in the advice department. You still will have to check a drive train. There are so many different types, I'll let someone else answer that part. Good luck to you.

Patrick

Back