Looking For Better CDI - Two Stroke 80cc

yuckfoo

Local time
10:42 PM
I bought a Wild Cat PK 80. It comes with a CDI that is NOT made for removing the spark plug cable. I had someone on another forum swear that all I had to do was unscrew it. Not the case with this one. The wire broke off and the hole is filled solid with some kind of resin. I need a CDI with a longer spark plug cable than this one had. I am looking for a place that sells CDIs with varying length of spark plug cable or for a CDI that is made to be taken apart so that I can add the spark plug cable that I want. Thanks.

I bought a Wild Cat PK 80. It comes with a CDI that is NOT made for removing the spark plug cable. I had someone on another forum swear that all I had to do was unscrew it. Not the case with this one. The wire broke off and the hole is filled solid with some kind of resin. I need a CDI with a longer spark plug cable than this one had. I am looking for a place that sells CDIs with varying length of spark plug cable or for a CDI that is made to be taken apart so that I can add the spark plug cable that I want. Thanks.
Best bang for the buck with plenty of wire length though the shorter the better!

Best bang for the buck with plenty of wire length though the shorter the better!
Thanks. I just need about an inch longer than the kit one has.

Turns out my spark cable was removable but they had so much glue in there that the cable twisted off and broke. I was able to take an exacto knife and a very small screw driver and pick out the remnants of the cable. I ordered some nice cloth covered wire to make the length I need. Thanks to all for the tips.

Last edited:
I used a MSD Firewire (solid core) for mine that I had left over from rebuilding my spitfire, but the hole in the CDI is 6mm and the firewire is 8mm so I sanded down the end with my finger sander.

Back