Moto Beta 1972 (Premier)

Local time
3:16 AM
Greetings, I have a 1972 Moto Beta BeBe 50 (49cc) that still runs and is in decent condition.

I'm on the lookout for parts for this bike if you know someone!
I'm currently using either 2 left handlebars or 2 right handlebars. I need one of the other ;-)

Current problem:
  • When I brake - either with hand brake or foot pedal - its as if I press the kill button, engine starts to stop.
  • When I release the brake - its as if I release the kill button, engine continues to run.
Sounds electrical but nobody around seems to be able to do electrical work.

Attachments

• 1972-moto-beta-01.jpg
    1972-moto-beta-01.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 1972-moto-beta-02.jpg
    1972-moto-beta-02.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 1972-moto-beta-03.jpg
    1972-moto-beta-03.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 1972-moto-beta-04.jpg
    1972-moto-beta-04.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 86
Greetings, I have a 1972 Moto Beta BeBe 50 (49cc) that still runs and is in decent condition.

I'm on the lookout for parts for this bike if you know someone!
I'm currently using either 2 left handlebars or 2 right handlebars. I need one of the other ;-)

Current problem:
  • When I brake - either with hand brake or foot pedal - its as if I press the kill button, engine starts to stop.
  • When I release the brake - its as if I release the kill button, engine continues to run.
Sounds electrical but nobody around seems to be able to do electrical work.
Nice old ride!!! Yeah I would say its definitely a electrical issue. That bike looks fun. Check out Treatland for your parts.

I would try disconnecting 1 brake lever wiring at a time, & see if problem goes away. If unhooking 1 at a time dont work, try disconnecting all 3 at once & test.

Cool, my 1st thing I ever rode was a indian 50 from the mid 70s. What a blast.

Cool, my 1st thing I ever rode was a indian 50 from the mid 70s. What a blast.[
Be aware that many of us in the forums run ad, tracking, and privacy blockers, especially since Fakebook is one of the worst offenders of privacy, tracking, and security rights and then claim the rights to any info gathered, even from visitors, and the right to sell this info to advertisers and other third party miscreants, etc.

They will not show any of what you have posted to those of us who refuse to compromise our usage of these blockers because we value our privacy and security and refuse to be tracked.

They will only show this message below.
Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again.
Notice that Facebook is even calling it protection...That kinda proves my point, they don't want you to be protected from them.

Be aware that many of us in the forums run ad, tracking, and privacy blockers, especially since Fakebook is one of the worst offenders of privacy, tracking, and security rights and then claim the rights to any info gathered, even from visitors, and the right to sell this info to advertisers and other third party miscreants, etc.

They will not show any of what you have posted to those of us who refuse to compromise our usage of these blockers because we value our privacy and security and refuse to be tracked.

They will only show this message below.

Notice that Facebook is even calling it protection...That kinda proves my point, they don't want you to be protected from them.
Kinda figured that. But thanks for the help.

Back