Motorized Bicycles: Author Tom Bartlett, has anyone read this book?

What are titles of these books?

I believe darwin was expressing that the accumulated wisdom on these forums was better than the data in Bartlett's book. I agree. Still, I liked the book. It got me up to speed fast and gave me a whirlwind tour of motobike history.

Also, I liked the little jewels of info, like the "Motobecane" brand actually means "motor bicycle." (French slang words.) News to me!

My book is called, "The Crash Course for Motored Bike N00Bs".

You can view it for free, but if you'd like to make a $3.50 donation, then feel free to PM me and I'll give you a paypal address to make it happen. :) Or you could at least rate it 5-stars. Whichever floats your boat.

EDIT: Looks like I beat him to the punch by a couple years, at least. Man... I could be a thousandaire by now. ;)

Note from Tom Bartlett, the author of "Motorized Bicycles"

Many thanks for the kind comments...and the valid criticisms, of my book. I really, really enjoyed writing (and doing the research and most of the photography) for the book. But most of all I guess my greatest joy was in building some of the motorized bicycles shown in the book. Through the book I had the pleasure of meeting (on the phone and on the Internet) motorbike enthusiasts from around the world, from New Zealand to England.
One of the commenters really nailed it when he mentioned that the greatest wealth of knowledge about motorized bicycles resides in these forums. I am continually amazed at the expertise and enthusiasm shown by some of the posters. Keep up the good work.
Tom Bartlett

Well, I enjoyed your book, Tom. As one with "zero knowledge" I gained a whole lot of background understanding of the evolution on motorbicycle design. Like I said, a complete guru would be disappointed, but then, Motorized Bicycles Today would be a different book, and The Absolutely, Totally, 100%, Complete Motorized Bicycle Handbook would be impossible.

Best,
Rick

Back