My electric bike, 57mph top speed

any idea where to get lithium batteries? and what type (or specs) i would neeed for a X503 hub motor.

(ive got 2 gas motored, a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke bicycle.. now i want a electric)

the bike sounds really good. But the question i have.

why do Electric bikes always seem to be stuck together with Shrink wrap and sticky tape?
Would look awesome if proper mounts were made.

The tape was supposed to be temporary, and I just never made boxes for the batteries. 4300km later and still going strong.

No argument regarding better looks though with proper battery mounts. If I build something, it will probably be on a different frame, and ideally I'd like a gas/electric hybrid, so it will be a completely different layout.

Sticky Tape...

Yea Lowell, your bikes performance stats are good thanks for the post. I would like to have an e-bike and it looks like you have put lots of money and time into your system.

But I have to say, you cant tell from looking at it because of the layout and design of the battery system. I bet you could get just as good weight balance with a front and rear panier system where you place the batteries on top of the panniers. Having your thing all taped up like that looks like a broken transformer!:yuck: (more than meets the eye..) Plus i bet its all sticky when it gets hot. F/R panniers arent more than 100 bucks. Hey, nice seat though!!

Ideally I want to get a completely different frame, possibly something full suspension, but still with space inside the main triangle for batteries.

92km/hr is your top speed.
though what range do u get with your NIMH batteries?

400 series motor, being 10lbs lighter, less taxing on batteries. is also quite nice up to par. on a regular 26" bike, 405 motor, 1.25" wheels, you could easily get at least 92km'hr. (with right batteries n controller)

also if bike is disassembled, is lighter to take on vacations/travel.

Nice, I might get these, have a rough estimate on how far these will go if I got a not too cheap/expensive battery? I normally do about 40 mile rides.

Back