No spark - new build

kmarcetjr

Local time
3:05 PM
Hi, I finished my first build earlier in the week and the engine had no spark, I contacted the website I bought the kit from, they sent out a new cdi box and a new magneto, and a new spark plug, I replaced both. I still have no spark, the kill switch is disconnected and still now spark, heck I even held onto the spark plug wire with my bare hands and pedaled. Nothing. I'm lost suck a simple ignition system. Am I missing something?
Help!!

Check all connections by removing the metal ends from wires and soldering together then if that fails replace ht lead and spark plug boot make sure they are screwed in right and cycle around with clutch disingauged (lever unlocked) and spark plug out to unflood engine as now the crankcase probably flooded by now and last check magneto is screwed in probably with black wire grounded etc "200 percent sure it's something simple" This is all the info I have gathered from this forum from having similar issues and these guys where spot on with my problem hope you get your mb going mate :)

you could put a screwdriver against rotor to see if it sticks hard on both sides of the rotor

Check all connections by removing the metal ends from wires and soldering together, and last check magneto is screwed in probably with black wire grounded etc "200 percent sure it's something simple" This is all the info I have gathered from this forum from having similar issues and these guys where spot on with my problem hope you get your mb going mate :)

Good idea about soldering the wires, hadn't thought of that, do you mean I should have the black wire from the magneto connected to the black wire on the CDI and to a good ground, on the engine, seems like a good idea to make sure the system is grounded.

Yeah grounding is very important if you take the black wire and make a another wire from there to drinking holder screw on bike ( fresh metal contact) should be good to bud :)

Yeah grounding is very important if you take the black wire and make a another wire from there to drinking holder screw on bike ( fresh metal contact) should be good to bud :)

I was thinking about grounding it to the engine and the frame to be extra sure it has a good ground.

Yeah that would be good, to ground to to engine you just make wire from black at magneto to the screw hole on magneto and then like I said to the bike

that is great bud did you find the root of your problem? :)

Yeah, Matt at bicycle motor works sent out new parts, CDI, magneto, and spark plug, so it was one of those, not sure which one, I replaced all three without doing them one at a time.

Back