Pepe II or Pepito is finished for now

Pepito Update- Was taking him out of the garage when the front wheel did 360 and the bike fell over:( I tried to slow the fall with my leg and ended up warping the rim! That's a first! Also discovered that the fuel petcock will need more Teflon tape, as it is not very secure. The fuel tank got dinged a little, but isn't leaking, thankfully! This bike has got me thinking about the spoker rims, as had been suggested. These stock rims are trash, IMHO. Taking rear rim tomorrow to bike shop. Does Damien or anyone else have links to these spoker rims? Are they prelubed with roller bearings? Do they have coaster brakes inside them?I only have space for one brake in the front, as the rear tubing was constructed to hold only the fender:( As always, TIA for any information-Gearhead437

Pepito Update- Was taking him out of the garage when the front wheel did 360 and the bike fell over:( I tried to slow the fall with my leg and ended up warping the rim! That's a first! Also discovered that the fuel petcock will need more Teflon tape, as it is not very secure. The fuel tank got dinged a little, but isn't leaking, thankfully! This bike has got me thinking about the spoker rims, as had been suggested. These stock rims are trash, IMHO. Taking rear rim tomorrow to bike shop. Does Damien or anyone else have links to these spoker rims? Are they prelubed with roller bearings? Do they have coaster brakes inside them?I only have space for one brake in the front, as the rear tubing was constructed to hold only the fender:( As always, TIA for any information-Gearhead437
One of the many, many, reasons that I totally dispensed with the usual spoked rims on these bikes and went with my mag rims with disk brakes I have now been using these past three years or so.

Links to most everything I personally have used or will use is found in my tutorial of how I built my bike as seen in link below.

Thanx Damien, GW and everyone else-Took the bent rim to the bike shop and after several calibrated wacks, the rim looks pretty good! Redid gas petcock with PTFE gas Teflon tape, as the fit was too loose:( FWIW, I discovered at the bike shop that my rear rim is single wall and I really need double wall, which they had at the shop for $100.00. Unfortunately, it's not black and the retrued rim looks pretty good for now:). Will research your links again , Damien, and may IM you through board:)-Gearhead457

Back