New motor clutch slippage

gearhead437

Local time
10:04 AM
Dear Fellow Motorheads-Tried starting Pepito II and the clutch is slipping badly.So badly that it barely cranks over.Tried adjusting the star nut in, but no change.Am wondering if main clutch spring broke, as bucking bar release mechanism functions fine.Ran fine last time. Just let Zane at Calufornia Motorbikes know.Appreciate ay feedback, as this engine is like new-Gearhead437

Update-Center large nut with star washer loose.Getting ready to reinstall with locktite.Only have 1 19mm socket.Is there any other way to hold nut on other side while tightening?

Update-Center large nut with star washer loose.Getting ready to reinstall with locktite.Only have 1 19mm socket.Is there any other way to hold nut on other side while tightening?
Update#2-After rebending flanges on star washer and applying a healthy drop of blue Loctite, I carefully retightened the clutch shaft nut, reattached the clutch outside plate, star nut and screw and then readjusted my clutch release cable, which was WAY out of adjustment. No wonder the clutch release lever travel was so far!! Clutch engages and disengaged fine now.Never had that problem with my 49cc Grubbee-Gearhead437

Hey GWM-It has the older style black with white thread composition pads. This was an issue since new, as again my clutch release lever travel was way too far for a new engine! Since I tightened this nut up, the clutch release lever is almost parallel to the engine case when relaxed and does not travel to the carb float bowl body like it used to-Very strange!-Gearhead437

Hey GWM-It has the older style black with white thread composition pads. This was an issue since new, as again my clutch release lever travel was way too far for a new engine! Since I tightened this nut up, the clutch release lever is almost parallel to the engine case when relaxed and does not travel to the carb float bowl body like it used to-Very strange!-Gearhead437
Sounds like you got the good ones!

Back