piston stroke too much!

I'm running into that problem myself now I believe the one we replaced was a high hole piston and the ones we put in r low hole piston
5 1/2 year old post and the info you need is in the second post. You raised this thread from the dead just to say "me too!!!"?
MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg

Not trying to be a dick, but just make your own thread saying "Man... was confused at first trying to rebuild my engine but *post thread here* really helped me out, and I'm back on my way. TY so much motoredbikes for your help, you have a great community and I'll be picking your brains till I'm able to teach others myself."
Once more, not trying to be a dick đź‘Ľ.

I'm running into that problem myself now I believe the one we replaced was a high hole piston and the ones we put in r low hole piston
Ya, you need the high hole piston, or a bunch of other parts, but easier to change the piston.

Get a ktm clone. or better yet clone it yourself part of the appeal of doing this is building/ making it yourself your first mistake is thinking anything from chinas forced child labor camps would be worth a darn. and your second mistake is not taking up machining in a serious capacity.

To be honest if you wanted to do this and have it work reliably as its said, "you will be done by your own hand" that's written into law for a reason im starting my journey by remodeling my back yard shed to better house the proper tools, for example, step one/ step two/ step three/ extra.

What you are doing is asking a bicycle to be a motorcycle that a big ask ! This was done around the turn of the last century by people that slapped small aircraft engines on a bicycle. those engines ever part came from mom and pop shops from people that knew what they were doing or more like they knew what not to do from doing it the wrong way many times.

Brake shoes are made of a compound material do you know what makes up that compound? they didn't either but they figured it out. from sheer necessity. they had their own foundries they made their own tubing and even made their own rubber tires made their own tools. that was long before the corporations took over this country and upended every local economy in America and left every sob in America dumb as hell and did away with the American dream. pick up a book and some tools and get to work.

One last thought if you got into this too cheap or you lost your license do to alcohol or drug abuse you are not doing this community any service. the cops already think that . and you got into it for all the wrong reasons whomever you might be.

lawmakers can change their minds like the wind blows please don't foul it up for the rest of us by going out and getting yourself killed on your contraption. especially under the influence, and if your using Chinese junk that will most likely happen.

Im, not some grumpy old man i consider myself someone truly trying to help. just mull over what i said. it's about having fun while learning something that will improve you and your life. Gnosis.

Moderators Note:
I cleaned up the prolific amount of foul language used in this post. Please re-read the forum rules regarding this.
I also broke up the "Great Wall of China" That solid wall of text you used and instead gave it some proper spacing to make this readable.

Back