Protective Gear While Riding?

Potato_In_Exhaust

Local time
12:41 AM
Ya'll wear protective gear while out riding? Like say, a full face helmet or MX helmet, gloves, leather or textile or mesh jacket & pants, motorcycle shoes/boots, or those protective armor long sleeve shirt where it has protective panels throughout?

Will it be a bit embarrassing all decked out like a wannabe MotoGP star...... on a, well, bicycle? Will I get laughs and chuckles from passing motorcycle riders thinking how it's kiddie stuff I'm riding compared to what they are on, a 'real' bike? These are the thoughts that stresses me out and gives me sleepless nights.

You'll still have all your skin, who cares what ya look like. Screw the haters, it's them dying when they get in a crash. Your life though, ride how you want. Me, idc what anyone thinks about me. I'd rather be whole, than in a grave or hospital bed.

A brain bucket is a must. It was once said to me: "don't go any faster than you're willing to skid... on your body". Otherwise, suit up! ;)

Well if you do get injured in a wreck your attorney is going to love you!

You took every precaution yo minimize injury so what ever injury you do have there gonna half to pay double.

Me always wear a multifunctional helmet, it once paid off when you hit head it echoes you don't hit just once in crash you hit 4 or 5 times the noise makes you hear.

But the wreck broke some parts I'm just been too lazy to fix it. Gloves I always wear however in Arizona cops have reasonable cause pull you over question you because you are burglary suspect in the area you are trying to conceal your finger prints had that happen!

Safety glasses a must if your like me got broken visors to yet fix, but I also carry yellow night vision for like snow or rain storms at night you can't see when hail balls are hitting your eyeballs.

And always have a good powerful headlight and a 50 to 100 watt red flasher I tape it to my helmet so people can see over the cars if so low on fender cars will block the light I guess.

I wonder though, if you are wearing a full face helmet or MX helmet, would you be more likely to get pulled over by the cops. I would think so, no? That's one thing that'll detract me from wearing a motorcycle helmet. I already do have protective jacket and pants, so those I will be wearing in case I eat asphalt.... which I did twice before, once in the rain trying to ride up those stupid driveway dips at an angle instead of straight on. Was quite embarrassing, tried to play it off too but it was too late... an old lady saw me and I had to hang my head in shame.

A few weeks ago I ran down to the store, literally less than a 1/4 mile, without a helmet. As I was leaving my place my neighbor asks, "Where's your helmet?" (I always wear one). I said, I'm just running down to the so and so store... And then in my head I also said, "famous last words..." And went n put my dorky but DOT approved open faced scooter helmet on. Makes me think I'm Dale Earnhardt.

I wonder though, if you are wearing a full face helmet or MX helmet, would you be more likely to get pulled over by the cops. I would think so, no? That's one thing that'll detract me from wearing a motorcycle helmet. I already do have protective jacket and pants, so those I will be wearing in case I eat asphalt.... which I did twice before, once in the rain trying to ride up those stupid driveway dips at an angle instead of straight on. Was quite embarrassing, tried to play it off too but it was too late... an old lady saw me and I had to hang my head in shame.
Here you are hard pressed to be pulled over by the police on your MB. Unless you are acting a fool, they have better things to do than mess with a MB. You are more likely to get pulled over so they can ogle your bike and ask where they can get one, than to get a ticket. One cop even got me to admit my bikes go faster than 30mph and they are larger than the 50cc limit. He told me " As long as it looks like it is a 50cc sized engine, we don't care one bit. It's when you are riding wheelies in traffic and on main streets, or flying down the side walk at 30 mph when we are going to get you. An don't run any red lights or stop signs, we love giving out those tickets."

Just be cool, and most cops don't care.

I wear a bicycle helmet. The majority of cycling accidents are the result of a fall rather than a collision. Generally my speeds stay under 30 mph. To further reduce being in a collision my bike is equipped with disc brakes, speedometer, front/rear signal lights, brake light, head light, tail light and a loud horn. I also obey all traffic laws. Along with practicing good cycling skills. Be sure to watch all 3 videos.