Random sparking from spark plug

Using the white wire to kill the engine creates a direct short to your coil. if you've been doing this for 17 years you know a direct short is not a good thing for anything that produces electricity, And doing this will shorten the life of the coil.
The guy's that sell these engines, on the most part, have NEVER put one together and rode it. They have no experience with using one over years of building and riding. ALL they know is what the chinese factory tells them. Every one of the chinese build manuals will tell you to use the white wire. Every experienced builder will tell you NOT to use it.
Try this, Next time your on a ride. Hook a light to a switch using the white wire, get your bike up to speed and hit the switch. HOLD ON TIGHT, when the light comes on it will make the engine lurch. This shows it is drawing power FROM the engine (coil,) creating a direct short to the coil. The chinese manual also tells you to drill a hole in your frame to mount an engine on a big frame. Does THAT sound like a good idea to you? If it does perhaps you need to find another hobby. As I said, The chinese dont care, About ANYTHING except selling engines.
Some of the guy's here have been doing this for years and years, I've only been a Motorized builder for about 7 years. It took a while for me to figure out why I was replacing coils more often than other guys were. AH,------- THE %#@^ WHITE WIRE.
Big Red.

real electrical work which I do and these little engines is a whole different word
I have no care to even learn how the coil works, or what voltages the wires put out. Im not into this hobby that deep.
Im glad youve been doing this for 7 years, and im glad after all these posts you finally decided to explain why you shouldnt use the white wire.
Now if you would of spent a few minutes 10 posts ago to explain why then it would of saved us all this trouble

I already switched it over last night, and told my friend about it too

White Wire

We owe you a great big "SORRY' for not explaining it sooner. I was going through the post's and realized that no one said WHY the white wire is a bad thing.
Most of us are only enthusiast's and not professional teachers. Sometimes we forget to teach.
Big Red.

To kevingkruse,

Sorry your thread got hijacked by another white wire. So, did you find a fix for your random spark? What was it? It may help someone with a similar symptom.

The %#@^ white wire

To kevingkruse,

Sorry your thread got hijacked by another white wire. So, did you find a fix for your random spark? What was it? It may help someone with a similar symptom.

toojung, Sounds to me Kevingkruse's problem was the white wire. Using it to make the engine backfire time after time more than likely fried the coil and possibly the CDI. A bad coil will only let the plug fire randomly or not at all. So the thread was not really hijacked, it just went into a further explaination as to why using the %#@^ white wire is a BAD idea.
Big Red.

Whoops

Yer right toojung, I just went back throught the posts and he never mentioned the white wire. I assumed he did what every new guy does and followed the factory setup instructions. ( I would almost put money on it.) And, if so, he did say he was pushing the kill switch to make it pop. IF he had the white wire hooked up, (there I go assuming again,) then it's a pretty good bet he FUBAR'd his coil.
Big Red.

Last edited:
Yup, we got side-tracked. Haven't heard back from the OP in over 30 posts. Just wondering how he's doing.

yeah we definitly got sidetracked on this post.
I think what happened was that sd cruiser mentioned having HIS white wire hooked to his kill switch....not the o.p.
so, the subject went off on a tangent about s.d.'s kill switch being hooked up wrong.

I'm sorry everyone for not posting back, I've just been trying to troubleshoot my problem some more. Also, I never had my white wire hooked up to anything, I ended up cutting it off. I clipped all the connectors and soldered them, no fix. I'm gona try ordering a CDI first and see if it fixes it. If not, ill get the magneto. I'm just tight on money right now...

Back