Securing exhaust?

Whitewill1412

Local time
1:24 AM
I see so many posts saying to secure the muffler to the frame, but I can't find any how to do it posts. I even tried on YouTube and can't find anything. What is a good way to secure the stock exhaust to the frame?

Conduit pipe clamps

139647503_4181216025239611_3120743834855973788_n.jpg

Those clamps are a dope solution. Otherwise they sell universal exhaust hanger straps that can be belt to shape and combined with exhaust clamps and the motor mount.

I came up with this little setup. Don't know if it will hold up under vibration, but we will see.

Attachments

• 1031221435.jpg
    1031221435.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 1031221436.jpg
    1031221436.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 92
That is an awesome solution @Risk Man.

Doing a search on Amazon was difficult looking up "conduit pipe camp" however. After a little research, evidently those ends are called a "caddy bolt close conduit pipe clamp"... and doing a search for that turns up just what you're looking for...

It looks like you will need two... and I think I am going to go with a stud between the two and FOUR nylon bolts ...one on each side of the mount hole in the plate giving securement for both "push" and "pull".

Awesome.... thanks again Risk!

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That is an awesome solution @Risk Man.

Doing a search on Amazon was difficult looking up "conduit pipe camp" however. After a little research, evidently those ends are called a "caddy bolt close conduit pipe clamp"... and doing a search for that turns up just what you're looking for...

It looks like you will need two... and I think I am going to go with a stud between the two and FOUR nylon bolts ...one on each side of the mount hole in the plate giving securement for both "push" and "pull".

Awesome.... thanks again Risk!
You bet... found this on another site last year when I was doing my Risky's Ride build but bought them and have not used them yet but probably should sooner than later.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
"Doing a search on Amazon was difficult looking up "conduit pipe camp" however. After a little research, evidently those ends are called a "caddy bolt close conduit pipe clamp"... and doing a search for that turns up just what you're looking for..."

In the trade, electricians know these straps as EMT stand-off straps or minerallac straps.... probably need 1 1/4", 1 1/2", or 2" stand offs. Home Depot or Lowes has em as well as electrical supply shops.

Back