Silencer/Baffle - Need to add one

Rusty_S85

Local time
10:32 PM
I have a MZ-65 pipe and Ive seen this pipe recommended quite a bit its a scooter silencer.

https://sedo-amazom.com/product/aut...MIk7Hlm8_O1gIVxZd-Ch3XjAQNEAkYAyABEgLsrPD_BwE

Problem is its way too long for my taste. I am trying to find something smaller, something that is shorter and will fit the pipe better. I don't want my vintage cruiser to end up looking like some crotch rocket with mufflers going the full length of the bike.

Does anyone know of any smallish silencers/baffles that can be retrofitted? I need to do something as the MZ65 pipe sounds good but at idle you have to pretty much yell to be heard.

Autozone/advance auto carries a threaded muffler thing that's only 4 or 5 inches long for briggs and stratton type motors, I can't find it online though I've seen them in person, they ate very similar to this item on Amazon, half inch threads or 13mm roughly though modification is very possible with this.. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0038U3KV...t=&hvlocphy=9006984&hvtargid=pla-348811101106

That one after using up half an inch of thread you'll be 5 inches longer that what you started, which might be up your alley.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Nice. Thing is the OD of my pipe is 22mm I have to measure the ID but I doubt its going to be smaller than 20mm.

Why not just use the cheap stock exhaust the kit came with and cut the muffler off then weld the muffler to the pipe?..i personally wouldnt want to lose top end power you will lose but i can understand wanting it more quite.

If it ends up too quiet you can gain back some power doing some internal mods to the muffler.

Last edited:
Well as of right now I am going to see how loud it is cruising. I just don't want to paint a target on my back.

How many riders in your area? Wait aren't you from Texas don't they just DGAF around there?

There are a few riders but their bikes are quiet as a mouse compared to my lion roaring engine lol.

I think ill just use it like this for now. Might not be a problem for me like i think it might.

Back