Whats the life of a freewheel used on motorized bikes?

berdomb

Local time
9:56 AM
So, in terms of miles, what's the life of a freewheel when used on motorized bikes?

I done some searching for that and I haven't found any discussions on it. Sure seems like it's going to be negatively affected, with a substantially short life.

I had a problems with Made in Taiwan Freewheel. One lasted a year and another lasted 3 months
Then I bought Made in USA White Industries Freewheel. I have had no problems in the last 13 years and 35,000 miles.
Now I gotta show ya a pic of my odometer to prove it.
Pics taken in May 2020 I now have over 38,500 miles on my Whizzer Motorbike
DSCF1708.JPGDSCF1591.JPGDSCF1697.JPGDSCF1696.JPG

If I ever do have a problem with my White Industries Freewheel. Parts are replaceable.

Last edited:
I had a problems with Made in Taiwan Freewheel. One lasted a year and another lasted 3 months
Then I bought Made in USA White Industries Freewheel. I have had no problems in the last 13 years and 35,000 miles.
Now I gotta show ya a pic of my odometer to prove it.
Pics taken in May 2020 I now have over 38,500 miles on my Whizzer Motorbike
View attachment 101031View attachment 101032View attachment 101033View attachment 101035

If I ever do have a problem with my White Industries Freewheel. Parts are replaceable.
Now that my friends is a solid experienced first hand account. Spend the money once, and it will pay for itself many times over in reliability and cost.

Back