so i bought a set of 10 spoke mag wheels from cdh power can someone help me figure out what else i need

I wanna say thankyou to you guys for the birthday wishes and also the help, So what I have came up with is a 203mm rotor for the rear along with caliper that has adaptor to place it in right place for 203mm rotors, also new cables and such. do i need to get the bike berry mount to mount disc brakes to my kent bayside or will the cheaper type in pics work fine, also will i need to upgrade the through bolts or whatever they are for longer style. people please enjoy life its only matter time before ones number comes calling.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-21 202600 forems 344.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-21 202600 forems 344.png
    92.7 KB · Views: 56
I wanna say thankyou to you guys for the birthday wishes and also the help, So what I have came up with is a 203mm rotor for the rear along with caliper that has adaptor to place it in right place for 203mm rotors, also new cables and such. do i need to get the bike berry mount to mount disc brakes to my kent bayside or will the cheaper type in pics work fine, also will i need to upgrade the through bolts or whatever they are for longer style. people please enjoy life its only matter time before ones number comes calling.
Do you have fab skills and tools? Damien made mounts with some thick aluminum for his bike. I think they turned out better than the best manufactured mounts

Do you have fab skills and tools? Damien made mounts with some thick aluminum for his bike. I think they turned out better than the best manufactured mounts
like most us in this hobbie I'm pretty handy with my hands, We grew up without a lot and my dad was one hell of a repair man as i expect most our fathers had to be, but yeah I have a fairly decent shop at home though not a lot of aluminum scrap but i have plenty 1/8in metal along with various other sizes. right now im still waiting for my rims slowest delivery ever, and my calipers and 203 mm rotor
That is correct, in order to have proper clearance in most cases, the smallest rear disk brake rotor is a 203 mm whilst using a 36 tooth sprocket...It is just enough room for the caliper to fit without hitting the chain and sprocket setup as seen in pics below of my bike.

View attachment 199349

View attachment 199350

View attachment 199351
Hey dameon

yeah after looking things over mainly my wallet I went ahead and canceled the order for this style adaptor, like most you guys on here it didnt set right with me paying hard earned cash for something I can fab up in my small shop. or something similar anyways...
You'll find everyone here likes to save a few bucks. Besides if you make it it will bee 100 times better than one you can order

Hey Damien I was looking at pics you posted, thanks they really helped me a lot, as i'm more of a visual person. To me a pic is worth a thousand words, also with the advice of GW motorized and the rest of the gang here I now have a visual in my mind of whats what, where this and that goes, along with how they fight for space between the frame. with all this said if you dont mind Im gonna copyish your mount. any chance you got a thickness for the aluminum you used. I sourced various pieces from my scrap pile but am worried there either too thin or way to thick any info would help. cant wait to post pics of both my bikes on here soon as I get my rims in

any chance you got a thickness for the aluminum you used.
Believe it or not, I just eyeball'd the bar of aluminum that was given me at the Base and just trimmed and filed things down to an exact fit...It is totally custom...lol.

I did the same thing with my front motor mount as well...lol.

And for the front brake adapter, I was given an "Adel" clamp off of an F-16 fighter jet and adapted that to work along with one of those black thing-a-ma-jig adapters that fork over both sides of the axle and secured it to the Adel clamp and caliper...Pics below for these other items...lol.

Ps...The aluminum I used was 7075 T-6 military aircraft aluminum...I don't know if your able to get ahold of that stuff per se, but any really good quality aluminum or other metal should work well.

DSCN0188.JPG

DSCN0189.JPG

IMG_0319.jpg

And this is the finished product...lol.

DSCN0229.JPG

DSCN0228.JPG

Back