NO FLEX Hybrid mag wheels

I know how frustrated you must be, but what I see is......................All of the slop appears to be within the bearing itself. As you wiggle the shaft all the movement seems to be on the inner race and very little movement on the outside of the bearing where it contacts the mag. I would remove that bearing, clamp it in a vise and wiggle it around again. Chineese bearings are really junk and if the bearing has not spun in the mag and ruined that surface you should be OK. If the inside of the mag is a little scratched just wipe some JB Weld around on the surface before installing a new higher quality bearing hopefully made in the USA.

I definitely see the slop in the bore apart from the rest of the movement, its not so much spinning causing wear, but its the side loading and shock loading that makes the bore wallow out, that's because it is porous and these stresses compress the metal.

He can definitely try a quality bearing, but I doubt the Chinese one is undersized enough you'll notice a difference.

I know how frustrated you must be, but what I see is......................All of the slop appears to be within the bearing itself. As you wiggle the shaft all the movement seems to be on the inner race and very little movement on the outside of the bearing where it contacts the mag. I would remove that bearing, clamp it in a vise and wiggle it around again. Chineese bearings are really junk and if the bearing has not spun in the mag and ruined that surface you should be OK. If the inside of the mag is a little scratched just wipe some JB Weld around on the surface before installing a new higher quality bearing hopefully made in the USA.
The reason they're slop in the axle itself and bearing part is because I don't have the other side on it was just to show you the movement on the outside of the bearing which is quite extreme. The bearing itself is brand new and a very expensive bearing at that not frustrating cuz I'm not running these rims anymore my other ones will be here tomorrow which are 48 spoke

The reason they're slop in the axle itself and bearing part is because I don't have the other side on it was just to show you the movement on the outside of the bearing which is quite extreme. The bearing itself is brand new and a very expensive bearing at that not frustrating cuz I'm not running these rims anymore my other ones will be here tomorrow which are 48 spoke
I just like the failure mode if anything else, wheel wobble, maybe toss a spoke to two, vs. exploding possibly without warning.

You might be able to stop in time when a spoked wheel fails.

I just like the failure mode if anything else, wheel wobble, maybe toss a spoke to two, vs. exploding possibly without warning.

You might be able to stop in time when a spoked wheel fails.
The bearing not seated tightly. will most likely if anything throw the drive chain off while riding. That in itself lock up the rear wheel when the chain jams or simply shatter the mag from a chain slap. Not taking any chances on a rim that was manufactured to be on a 10mph mountain bike and not a motorized bike

The bearing not seated tightly. will most likely if anything throw the drive chain off while riding. That in itself lock up the rear wheel when the chain jams or simply shatter the mag from a chain slap. Not taking any chances on a rim that was manufactured to be on a 10mph mountain bike and not a motorized bike
Yeah, a hot motor with a rider that actually jumps on it is a recipe for disaster.

There is a theory that just the act of starting the engine causes micro fissures.

If you bought the same wheels I did I believe they use the same bearings as the mag wheels

Back