Will a 49cc 4 stroke fit in a OCC frame ?

michael whiteman

Local time
2:18 AM
I have access to an OCC bike and was wondering if you know of anyone putting a 49cc 4stroke engine on it? It appears as though the engine would fit if the air filter was removed. Due to the fat rear tire the engine would require mounting off center far to the left to make the chain clear. Pedal clearance seems to be the biggest issue to overcome. Could leave them off but then it wouldn't be a bicycle and become illegal. Not at all interested in a 2 stroke, would rather go electric at that point.

I should explain why I linked that. Mr Cannonball3 used a 5 to 1 gearbox that severely offsets the chain. Since we already need to do this because of the fat tire, it is quite advantageous. I want to say it uses #25 chaim but I would need to loo it up. Anyhow the sprocket can be swapped but whatever sprocket combination gives at least an 18 to 1 reduction ratio should do well. There are bicycle freewheels that have mounting holes for custom sprockets. I can post links to some from staton inc if you want.

These honda clones are based off an engine with an almost linear power curver, more throttle just means more speed. So if you have enough torque to launch you should have plenty for cruising around except for extreme grades.

I should explain why I linked that. Mr Cannonball3 used a 5 to 1 gearbox that severely offsets the chain. Since we already need to do this because of the fat tire, it is quite advantageous. I want to say it uses #25 chaim but I would need to loo it up. Anyhow the sprocket can be swapped but whatever sprocket combination gives at least an 18 to 1 reduction ratio should do well. There are bicycle freewheels that have mounting holes for custom sprockets. I can post links to some from staton inc if you want.

These honda clones are based off an engine with an almost linear power curver, more throttle just means more speed. So if you have enough torque to launch you should have plenty for cruising around except for extreme grades.
Thanks for the reply. I'll check it out. I spent about 7 hours watching every U-Tube video on this. I decided to use a 79cc Predator and most likely a CVT. I'm sure I'll have more questions soon.

Back