2 stroke or 4 stroke?

I tell you - I'm hearing a lot of good things about the Titan - if I wasnt so set to embark on an electric bike - I'd probably get a Titan ... and about your process of starting and restarting - like I had said, we all have our rituals and it's apparent you've got yours down pat ... well done ... I hope to have that kind of dexterity when I get my Titan - hahaha but I'm sure I'll have my ways that'll make it work just fine

You know,now that my Titan's broken in,I actually prefer the rope start over the Happy Time clutch start. Why?
Because my Happy Time is still manly and I still love that bike but sometimes when I clutch start it locks up... sometimes. Other times it's smooth like butter.
But with the rope start,reach around,pull,forget about it.
No more embarrassing chain locked up to sprocket gear when initially starting moments. You start the engine before even taking off. I grab the rope with my left hand,give just a little throttle on my right hand to insure a clean one pull start and your running.
And when I want to ride without the engine like when approaching a hill,I choke it down then slow a little so my centrifugal clutch disengages and engine shuts off and it's free rolling. That gearbox is tiny and has very little if any drag.(of course all gear boxes will give you SOME sort of drag) I mean all I hear is the faint sound of the chain spinning. Drag is pretty close to being unnoticeable. Frankly,I don't feel any drag. When I want to run my engine again,I'll give it half throttle when I'm going over like 8 MPH so when I pull the rope the engine catches up to the spinning clutch bucket if you will. Or I'll slow to less than 5 mph then pull the rope.

Is the Titan as large as it looks? Maybe I just saw it on a small bike but it looked huge compared to the Royal.

Ain't nothin but a thing, chicken wing on a string!!!!!!!

This is a build I did last year on a Roadster with a 4 stroke Robin/Subaru 33.5 cc with friction drive kit from Staton Inc. I ride alot in so. Fl. near the beach so it's pretty flat rides for me but my ride goe's 30 MPH. Not great if it's wet!! But overall good. Never had any problems . [Chicken Wing on a string]!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Bikes April 08 012.jpg
    Bikes April 08 012.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 196
  • Bikes April 08 013.jpg
    Bikes April 08 013.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 175
  • Bikes April 08 009.jpg
    Bikes April 08 009.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 178
HoughMade... sorry about the pull start comment. I don't mean anything bad by it. Guess that I have just been reading so much about people popping the clutch that I had just gotten used to the idea :). I don't really think I would be bothered by the pull start. Just have to get used to the idea that's all.

Now I have another question. I went to Walmart today and looked at the bike that I think HoughMade sent me the link to. I really liked the bike! I carried a 10x10 piece of cardboard with me and tried to put it in the v-frame part of the bike. It didn't quite fit. If it were 9 and 3/4 by 9 and 3/4 it would have fit. How strict is it on the 10x10? It was just a fraction off. Bums me out because I really like the bike. It's exactly what I want in a bike. Here's the link to the bike: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5585804

Hope someone can give me some hope on this bike. If not I will have to start looking all over again (sigh). Thanks for your help everyone.

This is a build I did last year on a Roadster with a 4 stroke Robin/Subaru 33.5 cc with friction drive kit from Staton Inc. I ride alot in so. Fl. near the beach so it's pretty flat rides for me but my ride goe's 30 MPH. Not great if it's wet!! But overall good. Never had any problems . [Chicken Wing on a string]!!!!!!!

Hi Ron,
Nice looking bike! Wish I still lived in FL. I would like to cruise around the beach area myself :). What did you do to that bike in order to give it the look that it has. It has that stretched look to it... I like it! Cool bike indeed.

-cd-

Actually,the bike came like that out of the box. They don't make them any more so when I found 2 new in the box I had to have them! I put that one together and I ordered the engine. But then I found a problem with the mounting brackets, so I designed my own,had them fabricated, chrome dipped and engine fit right on!!! It's a very comfortable ride, especially for long cruises! We ride these baby's 5 to 6 hours in a day!!!

Actually,the bike came like that out of the box. They don't make them any more so when I found 2 new in the box I had to have them! I put that one together and I ordered the engine. But then I found a problem with the mounting brackets, so I designed my own,had them fabricated, chrome dipped and engine fit right on!!! It's a very comfortable ride, especially for long cruises! We ride these baby's 5 to 6 hours in a day!!!

Cool... Never seen one like that out of the box. At least you were able to get past the mounting bracket problem. That's good. I think it's a neat looking bike. Hope you have many good years out of it.

-cd-

HoughMade... sorry about the pull start comment. I don't mean anything bad by it. Guess that I have just been reading so much about people popping the clutch that I had just gotten used to the idea :). I don't really think I would be bothered by the pull start. Just have to get used to the idea that's all.

Now I have another question. I went to Walmart today and looked at the bike that I think HoughMade sent me the link to. I really liked the bike! I carried a 10x10 piece of cardboard with me and tried to put it in the v-frame part of the bike. It didn't quite fit. If it were 9 and 3/4 by 9 and 3/4 it would have fit. How strict is it on the 10x10? It was just a fraction off. Bums me out because I really like the bike. It's exactly what I want in a bike. Here's the link to the bike: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5585804

Hope someone can give me some hope on this bike. If not I will have to start looking all over again (sigh). Thanks for your help everyone.

One of the members here (Irish John) just recently installed the Grubee 4-stroke kit in that same bike. And I also believe that the folks at bicycle-engines.com used this same bike in the photos they show of the kit installed on their web pages. Do a search in the photo gallery for IrishJohns bike there are quite a few photos there.

ocscully

Hey- not offended- just curious about why the dislike for the pull start.

I think my kit takes up under 10"x10"- I got rid of the big, plastic air box, so I have more clearance.

One of the members here (Irish John) just recently installed the Grubee 4-stroke kit in that same bike. And I also believe that the folks at bicycle-engines.com used this same bike in the photos they show of the kit installed on their web pages. Do a search in the photo gallery for IrishJohns bike there are quite a few photos there.

ocscully

Hi ocscully,
Thanks for getting back to me about this. I really appreciate it. I'm going to look at the photos and see if I can find IrishJohns bike in there and see if it's the same one. I really hope so. When I went to see the bike today I really liked it. It looks better in person than it does on the web page. Plus it was about $20 cheaper in the store too (always a good thing) :).

Thanks for the help... I'm off to go look for Irish Johns bike!

-cd-

Back