2 stroke or 4 stroke?

Hey- not offended- just curious about why the dislike for the pull start.

I think my kit takes up under 10"x10"- I got rid of the big, plastic air box, so I have more clearance.

Hi HoughMade,

Glad that you are not offended. Didn't want to do that :). I'm hoping that I can still use the beach cruiser bike. I really like it. It "seems" like a motor should fit in the frame but I'm new and don't know a lot about this so I don't trust myself. Like I said... the 10x10 piece of cardboard just barley would not make it. It was SO close. I'm hoping that it will work though. I will keep my fingers crossed :)...

Thanks for that but actually I'm selling it because I've owned it for a while, I still have a new one still in the box, and I've aquired [2] new KK Slick Daddy's [longer & wider] with a 3 speed nexus, and I just found a Schwinn Spoiler brand new in the box that I bought last week.[ I could'nt believe I found that one?] All of these bikes, they do not make anymore. I plan to start building soon! And I'm sure I'll install the HONDA GXH 50 on the 2 Slick Daddy's!!!!!!!!YEA!!!!!!! IT'S AN ADDICTION!!!!!!!!!!

Hi ocscully,
Thanks for getting back to me about this. I really appreciate it. I'm going to look at the photos and see if I can find IrishJohns bike in there and see if it's the same one. I really hope so. When I went to see the bike today I really liked it. It looks better in person than it does on the web page. Plus it was about $20 cheaper in the store too (always a good thing) :).

Thanks for the help... I'm off to go look for Irish Johns bike!

-cd-

Here are two of the photos showing the Grubee Kit mounted into a Schwinn cantilever frame. This particular bike is a steel frame. Schwinn also makes this frame in aluminum which is the frameset that Irish John has I believe.

ocscully

Attachments

• 49cc-scooter-kit-bike4.jpg
    49cc-scooter-kit-bike4.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 191
  • 49cc-scooter-kit-bike5.jpg
    49cc-scooter-kit-bike5.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 194
The Spoiler, I'm not sure yet. I plan to stretch it about a foot or more and put a larger rear tire & mods. The front is 24'' and I'll probably do a 26''. There's all kinds of possibility's with that bike? It won't be ready for a little while! I will take pic's as I build, for this bike will be my 1st really excitable real build!!!! I can't sleep at night thinking about it !!!!

I checked your pic's out,I saw one somewhere before but I can't place where? It kinda looks like a Jaguar. Nice bike! The engine in the pic, is that a 4 stroke? If so what cc and how fast on flat ground will it go??

Here are two of the photos showing the Grubee Kit mounted into a Schwinn cantilever frame. This particular bike is a steel frame. Schwinn also makes this frame in aluminum which is the frameset that Irish John has I believe.

ocscully

Hi ocscully,
That looks a lot like the bike I want to get. Looks like they got the engine to fit in that one. Is that yours or just one that you found a picture of? Thanks for the pics. Gives me hope that the bike I want to use might just work after all. I going to be keeping my fingers crossed.

-cd-

Here's my bike:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10508

When your on it,it doesn't look big at all. It's also a bit bigger of a bike(26") than Scott's 24 inch bike.

Nice looking bike! Was it weird getting used to it having the engine on the back? (remember that I'm new at this lol). Seems like it would be strange getting used to it for some reason... guess it's just me. Anyway... it looks neat and I bet you have loads of fun with it! Great Pictures! :)

-cd-

As long as this thread is going so good I thought I would ask another question. I searched the board for an answer but did not find one. I'm sure it's been talked about but I could not find it. Has anyone successfully put in an electric starter on a 4 stroke? That would be cool but I don't know if it would work. I'm not much of a mechanic and would need someone to help me out a little to get started.

Thanks for lending an ear everyone. I really appreciate it.

As long as this thread is going so good I thought I would ask another question. I searched the board for an answer but did not find one. I'm sure it's been talked about but I could not find it. Has anyone successfully put in an electric starter on a 4 stroke? That would be cool but I don't know if it would work. I'm not much of a mechanic and would need someone to help me out a little to get started.

Thanks for lending an ear everyone. I really appreciate it.

Get your first build going and get your feet wet. If your not much of a mechanic your first build will gain your experience level and confidence. I havent heard of an electric start on the happytimes of rack mounts. I dont think ive even seen a starter made for these small cc brands. Not speaking for anyone else, I havent seen a need for one, other than it would be cool. :cool:

Last edited:
Back