200 watt restrictor system

"most people that become "motorised bicycle enthusiasts" are forced to do so due to loss of car license.
the rest seem to be teenage boys."
I gotta disagree on that one. In the states, a lot of guys of all ages build motorized bikes because they like to tinker.
Contemporary motorcycles, in general, are very reliable. We don't bond with modern motorcycles the way we did with
the Nortons, BSAs, Triumphs and older Harleys. Those old bikes needed a lot of attention to stay on the road and we loved them anyway.
Just the opinion of an old motorcycle enthusiast.

i feel that the lycra clad W4nkers that ride down narrow winding main roads with bad visibility during peak hour should be shot. same goes for taking up two of three lanes at the same time...peak hour.

if you want to ride your $10K bike and flex your gluteus maximus in our faces, go ride on a nice quiet road where there arent people with jobs going to work.

Jeremy Clarkson made mention of this simple and tacit point (understood by most people when it comes to the small group of motorists who insist on towing an oversized caravan behind an undersized car on single lane roads) when plotting a route through the country side on a caravan journey: "we wouldn't want to interrupt good motorists going about their daily business."

The same applies to cyclists, more so as cyclists "do not" have the same rights as motor vehicles (regardless of the law) considering that in many cases they "do not" pay vehicle registration fees, hence the onus is on the cyclist to get the he!! out of the fee-paying motorists way.

and then some kind of rego on motorised bikes. relax on the strict mandates, bring it to say, 3hp max, but make sure they are of a road worthy nature. (no caliper brakes etc) if they arent inspected and insured, for a minimal annual fee

I agree. 100%

One of the greatest parts about motored bikes (or bicycles in general) is not needing a license though, whoever wants to jump on a bike and go for a pedal wherever they want can do so at their leisure, freedom is why we like doing what we do, we have the freedom to go and see wonderful places and things a lot quicker and further than our mere legs can take us

Having to have a license is further reducing the very few freedoms we still get in this so called "free country"

I do agree with what Fabian repeated from Jeremy Clarkson, freedom isnt free if in taking it you reduce someone elses freedom to go about their business. We can all stay out of other peoples way, dont do anything stupid that could endanger other cyclists, pedestrians or motorists, and live happily ever after.

If people decide to not obey common courtesy then they should be punished, but why should the rest of us be punished by being forced to buy a license?

i have one of those kits- 20 kph an sticky boggy motor- with the kit u get a crtificate of 200 watts with ya name on it etc- if u buy their motor with a 200 watt kit u get a motor case number onn engine case and certificate- then derestrict it haha, if ya get stopped show the certificate-

Could you post a pic of the certificate and/or engine plate (with your details blocked out if you wish) so we can see what they look like?

Back