212cc build thread 2.0 (🤣🤣)

Bought this bike as a 79cc and this is what it looked like when I picked it up. Photos of current process in next post.

Attachments

• IMG_5886.png
    IMG_5886.png
    515 KB · Views: 1,588
Also, my cylinder is vertical, so most carbs won’t work because the intakes are designed for semi-horizontal cylinders. Another reason I went with a 2 stroke carb, it can be mounted in the orientation I need, with little modification to fit my engine.
Is this the current configuration?

full

Well, I got the 2 stroke “racing” carb, and realized a 2 stroke intake is not nearly as wide as the engine inlet on the 212, but then I had a bit of a brainstorm. I have a vm22 clone carb and a pwk carb. The pwk carb came with a boot, but I don’t like the pwk carb as much. However, I can cut the vm22 intake in half and use the boot from the pwk carb to connect the two halves of the vm22 carb.

Come to think of it, the model name listed on my title is Whizzer. I can’t explain to you WHY my bike is listed as a Whizzer, you would have to ask the seller that, and let’s just say I assumed one thing when I bought it but didn’t find out until after I had already purchased it, but I bought it in good faith, and anyway, Whizzer engines are 138cc, so…🤷 the vin number on the frame matches the title, that’s all I can say about that.

So I’ve updated my other threads, but realized I haven’t updated my build thread for awhile, so here’s what I have to report. I’ve removed the governor arm and gear, and plugged the governor
arm hole with a bolt and o-ring. I don’t have a pic of that currently. I also installed a vm22 clone carb, but cutting the intake manifold in half and sealing it back together with radiator hose. I also have made a muffler, by taking an empty spray can, sealing it to the flex pipe with epoxy putty, and drilling a spark plug wrench for the tail pipe, packing with fiberglass and using a soup fan for the end cap, secured with two self tapping screws.

Attachments

• IMG_6068.jpeg
    IMG_6068.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6067.jpeg
    IMG_6067.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6048.jpeg
    IMG_6048.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 38
So I’ve updated my other threads, but realized I haven’t updated my build thread for awhile, so here’s what I have to report. I’ve removed the governor arm and gear, and plugged the governor
arm hole with a bolt and o-ring. I don’t have a pic of that currently. I also installed a vm22 clone carb, but cutting the intake manifold in half and sealing it back together with radiator hose. I also have made a muffler, by taking an empty spray can, sealing it to the flex pipe with epoxy putty, and drilling a spark plug wrench for the tail pipe, packing with fiberglass and using a soup fan for the end cap, secured with two self tapping screws.
I did not have good luck connecting my manifold to my exhaust pipe with JB weld. After a few rides the heat must have got to it and the joint failed. Perhaps you have better putty and or luck with it.

I did not have good luck connecting my manifold to my exhaust pipe with JB weld. After a few rides the heat must have got to it and the joint failed. Perhaps you have better putty and or luck with it.
This is where the muffler joins the exhaust pipe, not on the manifold. The exhaust pipe is inserted into the muffler, and I used putty to seal the outside.

JB weld is like cement. Good patch for holes, it is brittle, vibration, torque and deflection are not its friend.

Back