Fuel Mixture 40:1 or 50:1 premix ethanol free fuel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local time
2:20 PM
I was wondering if running my bike on premixed fuel would cause any harm to my engine. I'm considering running this kind of fuel because it is available at stores near me and I already have equipment that runs on it.

I'm running it in an engine with a Zeda Motorsports balanced crank and ported zeda80 cylinder, along with higher-quality bearings and an expansion chamber with muffler. Other than that, the engine is stock and is run with a 44 tooth rear sprocket.

Any input would be appreciated, Thanks

expensive to buy already premixed fuel rather than buy oil and mix yourself. that'd be pretty thin on oil for a break-in period, or is it already run in? I think most ppl go richer like 36:1 or 32:1 just help lube it up and extend life of rings n bearings. youll be ok @ 40:1 tho

The engine is not broken in yet, though I do plan to put have a couple of gallons of break in fuel (around 20:1 or 25:1)
you could run it, but break in the engine first.
i would go 40:1 and you should be fine. keep in mind that its really expensive (nearly 15$ per tank, vs 4$ if you mix it yourself)
i would mix your own fuel (91 ethinal free, and amsoil saber, or any other full synthetic 2 stroke oil on 32:1)
just my opinion :)

I haven't tried fuel stabilized E10 with pre-mix oil. Some of the Poulan 2.6 oz. 40:1 mix oils come with a propriatory fuel stabilizer so you can run E10 pump gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back