48cc Diamondback

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jmr3394, Apr 11, 2010.

1. jmr3394

jmr3394 Member

Hey I'm trying to build a 48cc motor bike! and I live in Georgia

2. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

what kind of DB and what style motor? tell us more!

3. jmr3394

jmr3394 Member

49cc diamondback

I'm putting a 48cc skyhawk on a diamondback wildwood citi. Almost done but for some reason I can't get the cdi onto the spark plug no matter how hard I push. What do I do????

4. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

it takes a different plug... the plug and the wire dont match sometimes.

I would upgrade to the high performance wire from sick bikes... it will work with your current plug but, I would recommend buying an upgraded ngk plug while you are ordering stuff online.

Unscrew your current spark plug wire from the cdi, and screw the new one in when you get it.

Should solve your problem.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  5. a/c man

a/c man Member

If you are using the plug wire and boot that came with the kit make sure the plug you are using has the little tip unscrewed, you should see a threaded tip only . Are you using the kit supplied spark plug, or something you bought?

6. give me vtec

i didnt realize that tip unscrewed, thats good to know. thanks

7. jmr3394

jmr3394 Member

Sweet the bronze screw came off! im using the factory stock plug and wire. My fuel petcock is leaking though?

8. a/c man

a/c man Member

If your petcock is leaking determine where it is leaking, the threaded part that goes into the tank itself should be sealed around the threads with pipe dope sealant or teflon tape. If it is leaking at the fuel hose get a small hose clamp, but if it leaking out the turnable lever part you need a new one. Get a Sick Bike parts replacement the stock ones leak and suck.

9. jmr3394

jmr3394 Member

how long is the break-in period last? when will i be able to run my bike at the highest rpm?

10. give me vtec

i always give em 2 tanks of 16:1 with a good synthetic oil.

11. jmr3394

jmr3394 Member

ok sweet

12. jmr3394

jmr3394 Member

a little smoke out of the muffler is ok right?

13. machiasmort

Smoke means that not of the oil is burnning in the cylinder... That's good because you want to over lubricate the newer motor if anything...

As you change your mix ratio from 16:1 it will lesson because there will be less oil! It will still smoke tho... Just remember take it easy and vary your speed a lot...

P.S., I'd love to see pics of your build...

14. jmr3394

jmr3394 Member

My bike

Hey here are a few pictures of my bike. They are little old so what you don't see are the new side view mirrors, speedometer, and tightened chain. Im still looking for a motorcycle headlight that is battery powered but am having some trouble finding one.

Attached Files:

15. machiasmort

Nice build Brother! Your drive chain is way too loose tho!!!

Upgrade to the wider chain also for safety!

There's a thread that was just refreshed today on LED lighting... Check it out!!!

Thanks for the pics!

16. jmr3394

jmr3394 Member

chain?

Where could i get a wider chain? and will it fit on my sprocket that i have now?

17. machiasmort

Somebody else will know more than me... However, I'm pretty certain the chain that comes in the kits is called 415 and I think the wider one I put on my bike was 410... Either way, knock a few links out of that thing and you'll have something to bring to the store with you for comparison, not to mention make your current one proper length!

Tractor Supply if you have one arround you!

18. jmr3394

jmr3394 Member