Engine Trouble 80cc Pexmor 2-Stroke Engine Won't Start

Aikaru

Local time
11:55 AM
I just finished building my first motorized bicycle...I checked all wires, they are connected properly, clutch is good, and I tested for spark, compression, and fuel and I'm getting all three. I've probably tried to start it like 50 times by now and it does not start, it does slow down the bike considerably due to the compression, but there is no ignition, and I am absolutely lost as to why it won't start. Pictures attached

Attachments

• image0 (16).jpg
    image0 (16).jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 174
  • image0 (17).jpg
    image0 (17).jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 151
I just finished building my first motorized bicycle...I checked all wires, they are connected properly, clutch is good, and I tested for spark, compression, and fuel and I'm getting all three. I've probably tried to start it like 50 times by now and it does not start, it does slow down the bike considerably due to the compression, but there is no ignition, and I am absolutely lost as to why it won't start. Pictures attached
What is that green and black wiring resting against your exhaust???

My kill switch wires, it came from the manufacturer with a loose connector and the gold tip broke off with the touch of a feather, so I just didn't even hook up the kill switch.

Also, did you check your choke setting when trying to start it???

The choke lever should be in the up position to cold start...after about 30 to 45 seconds after its running, then place it in the all the way down position.

Yes that was the problem, rookie mistake. Thank you so much. She's really fast!
Your welcome,

Which one was the problem by the way???...The fuel filter or the choke, or both???...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...Also be sure to keep checking your exhaust bolts, engine mount bolts, periodically if you didn't use lockwashers, blue locktite etc, when you built it as they will loosen up on you....Most importantly as well, be sure to periodically check the head bolts as they will loosen too...If you do not have one and if you are not a mechanic and can't tell by "feel", you will need to have a torque wrench...One can be had for cheap at Harbor Freight, preferably in "Inch Pound" increments rather than foot pounds if they have them in stock...The torque setting for those head bolts will be 12 ft pounds, or 144 inch pounds, depending on the torque wrench your able to get...be sure to torque those bolts in an "X" pattern for eveness.

The fuel filter was the issue, but now i have a new issue. the rear wheel is permanently locked up and wont move

Back