Rebuild won't start

Is it possible that I may have put a low hole Piston on a high hole Piston arm?

I mean would it fit... I seem to remember checking the Piston height before I put the head on the barrel and the Piston came right up to the top.

It has to be the way that I skirted the Piston to clear the intake port.

It's the only modification I've done to the engine.
That would be the other way round, then you would have virtually no compression.

If you had the mag off, then check that you put it back the right way. The key should be at the 1 o:clock position @ TDC.

That would be the other way round, then you would have virtually no compression.

If you had the mag off, then check that you put it back the right way. The key should be at the 1 o:clock position @ TDC.
This was my first thought but i had it right woodruff key at 1 oclock position. Its still a bit choppy I was going to change magneto magnets since I have several of them and see if I can get any better timing.

Flip your magneto rotor over, keyway should point at the 1:00 posistion.
I had it in the correct position already. Interestingly enough I had two other magnets for Magneto's and I put them on there and one made it run even worse and one made it run perfectly.

There's no real discernible difference but it does make a difference strangely enough.

I had it in the correct position already. Interestingly enough I had two other magnets for Magneto's and I put them on there and one made it run even worse and one made it run perfectly.

There's no real discernible difference but it does make a difference strangely enough.
Yeah there was 2 different magneto rotor variances where the timing key was cut in a ever so slightly different spot. Not really noticeable by eye. Also the magnet might have been stronger in 1 of them.

Back