94 specialized ground control full suspension

20170206_185057.jpg

That sounds cool!just to verify though 3.77 to 1 is added to the 4.1 reduction in the engine and with a 26"wheel at 8400 rpm and that ratio would =41.7 mph
Sorry didn't add the engines primary ratio in , the rpm's was a conservative guessestimate ,The graph type tach bar on my trail tech vapor is kinda hard to look at going 50mph , the Speed on the vapor is right on with my GPS speedometer ,May have been in next gear down ? My tire circumferance is 83.22 , dia is 26.50 ? don't have the formula for speed / rpm / tire dia , handy , you got a link ? what's the speed with the tire dimensions I gave you ? THANKS if your not too busy

Ok so I don't have a link I do use one called gear rat and it works great but I usually just do it like this 8400 divided by 4.1 divided by 3.77 times 83.22 divided by 12 divided by 5280 then 0.7136 is the percentage of a mile covered in a minute so = 42.8 mph

Actually the gear rat calculator is available on this form some where just can't remember where sorry!But I am sure the others on here can help you find it!Admittedly I'm not that good with the computer stuff lol!

Ok so I don't have a link I do use one called gear rat and it works great but I usually just do it like this 8400 divided by 4.1 divided by 3.77 times 83.22 divided by 12 divided by 5280 then 0.7136 is the percentage of a mile covered in a minute so = 42.8 mph
Thanks bro , I've been changeing rear cassette sprockets like my underwear lately , those specs I quoted were from a previous set up, different rear sprocket. My engine won't pull top speed on anything smaller than a 14t rear sprocket , It doesn't have the HP/Tq to push the wind , shifting from the 14-13t the enging rpm drops right down , 12t-11t are totally useless, one tooth in the rear is a big jump in ratios

Thanks bro , I've been changeing rear cassette sprockets like my underwear lately , those specs I quoted were from a previous set up, different rear sprocket. My engine won't pull top speed on anything smaller than a 14t rear sprocket , It doesn't have the HP/Tq to push the wind , shifting from the 14-13t the enging rpm drops right down , 12t-11t are totally useless, one tooth in the rear is a big jump in ratios
Very true! the ratio drops big time,I thinking also that I wont get to use the lowest two on the mega range set being 13-11 so Im going to use a closer range set 28-14 and probably wont get to use the 14t because the ratio total would be 7.7 to 1 and I cant see being able to go under 8 to 1.

Very true! the ratio drops big time,I thinking also that I wont get to use the lowest two on the mega range set being 13-11 so Im going to use a closer range set 28-14 and probably wont get to use the 14t because the ratio total would be 7.7 to 1 and I cant see being able to go under 8 to 1.
Your absolutely right , the jump is alott I've playing around with the front chainring also , a couple teeth has a less dramatic change but it moves the whole gear range up or down . it's a give or take situation like camshafts and port timing , how about a nuvinci variable hub ? I've seen hub motors on mag wheels , a nuvinci would be nice but I love the cool sounding (motorcycle) gear shifting tone Of multiple gears !! I recently built a 34-14 8 speed cassette I plan on trying it in the next couple days , I'll let you know what the final ratio I end up with including the 4.1 of the engine .

What's the formula to get mph from the percentage of mph of the equation you posted ? I don't know to do with 0.7136 to get mph . feeling a little duuuh having to ask ? THANKS

Ok so if you have a scientific calculator or some phone's can do it you take 0.7136 and press % 60 then disregard the zero and decimal point and thats the mph.when i do it that way it comes out exactly the same as the gear calculator!

Back