A "Specialty Shop" for High-End Enthusiasts?

Should M-B.c build a special section for radical rides?

• Total voters
well i really cannot make up my mind i voted for the garage but i also like to look at the hi-end bikes for inspiration and ideas sometimes doing that helps me plan a new build or a differnt way of doing sometimes seeing it done first leads me to think i can pull it off also . not copying but find my way to do it sometimes the same sometimes a little different. but dont see a need for and hi end area just post what you got seems ok to me larry ca

guys, i appreciate the great feedback about our casual atmosphere & current structure, as well as the good "moddy" advice that i'll do my best to follow.

i was pretty pushy about this topic because i wanted it outta the way...you all handled it on your own, and ya did it much better than i coulda.

the lesson in community involvement is clear here, tho. if MBc posts a poll concerning content or structure, it's because we want to know what you all want.

7 votes for the new forum was good enuff to give it a try. i've removed the "sticky" & we'll let this one go it's own way...

please continue to get involved, it works & we really appreciate it :D

It may be more headaches for Augi and the other moderators but I say build it.
I've been looking for a welder on e-bay and craigslist and one could be had for a couple of hundred bucks,and if you pick a lower amperage it seems you can still make good welds but you have to take your time.
The guys here like iRide and others that build and weld has completely inspired me. I've been looking at our enclosed patio and because it's not heated,I've been using it to store my bikes. Then I'm looking at the lighting and all my outlets in that room and I'm thinking "wouldn't this area make a cool little work shop."
I've looked at iRide's pics pretty hard,especially his frame jig. Looks like he made that himself.
These builders have inspired me to one day build a lowrider bannana seat high sissy bar twisted fork stretch framed 26 with 3"tire rear and 16" front ghetto style that I would call "supafly".
Oh yea. I want to learn builders tricks. I want to know the welding equipment people are using. I want to know how to make perfect welds. The welds you see in expensive aluminum framed BMX bikes.
Yes. I want to chat with builders. I want the TUTTLES looking at this forum. Heck. They built a beatiful chopper with a Briggs and Stratton engine in that one episode.
Who knows? Maybe one day the discovery channel will look at Motoredbike builders.
The way gas is going,I can totally see that happening.

I like all Motoredbikes, from the garage hack job made by the guy who ditched every day of high school metal shop class to anyone who can run a CNC machine and turn out a super nice custom bike.

I will admit that I would enjoy seeing something more that hordes of Chinese 2 stroke motors bolted on to Walmart bikes.

Not sure what the final outcome of a vote would be or which way it would take the forums but I vote for a show us what you built catagory no matter what it cost.

Back