Adelaide-New legislation coming? /POLICE pulled me over today.

Well that makes it 3 incidents involving HT and all 3 smell of grog ... Hypriped has a angle with the environment campaign he's proposing, but I don't think that will now be enough to change the image these drunken sick idiots have caused.
MB politics is a numbers game, Bolts.

Take a look at my picture album. Most of those images were used in my display at the Hobart Sustainable Living Expo on first Sat/Sun in November 08. I conducted a petition for about 4 hours on the Sunday and attracted 80 signatures in support of a review of regs around Light Motorized Bikes. I was not spruiking. The arguments sold themselves.

Also, its not only environment, it is Active Transport, Bicycles and even Safety. However, you have to drip-feed the positive messages out to the public.

The challenge is to get your average Joe in the street to take MBs seriously and find something in it for them.

Unfortunately, things could change in the US as well. Ref the Indiana law changes which are going to impact us here.

Part of the problem is that you end up with a minority of idiots who push anything to the limits, and in the process, influence the politicos to "tighten up those 'loopholes' in the law." So, they end up screwing things up for everyone.

These are the fools who attract the wrong sort of attention, and who will cause the politicians to have the bikes either banned outright, or regulated out of existence.

Well said and I agree. Though probably controversial and thus commercially not viable I'd welcome that sentiment to become part of the "mission statement" of this movement.

Back