Alternative clutch lever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEP, Gotta pull it in at stop lights. If it's a long light just lock the lever. But it looks OK to me if it's OK with you. You may need to adjust the clutch a little closer at most. That an easy one, just do a clutch search and there's about a million posts on it.
fatdaddy.

just a tip, ive already vented my 25cents worth....

mount the clutch under the brake lever... and put the brake lever on before the clutch.

then again, personal preference.

yes, the clutch doesnt get that much use... so i like it down out of the way. having the pivot as close to your hand as possible makes the pulling easier, and finally, its more ergonomically correct to have your hand/fingers in a straight line to activate levers. any awkward twisting makes for awkward twisting! i like to be able to grab my brake lever with out any interference from other levers! clutch? as long as i can hold it in for a minute without getting sore wrists, im happy :)

(adding a roller/ extending the arm on the engine are two ways of increasing leverage allowing stumpy levers uptop)

now all i gotta do is actually attach a brake cable so when i grab the brakes, something other than nothing happens! :giggle:

soldering brass nipples... acid core solder is best, mash the cable end slightly so it wont pull back through nipple even if solder job is second rate, and then get angry cus its now 5mm too short :) silver solder, forget about the nipple, just get artistic and use gravity :)

for throttles etc, low load items, dont bother with nipples at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back