Any Opinions or Experience With This DIY Kit from GasBike?

Lynn doesn't have much in the way of Disc brakes.
I've already ordered my first part. I ordered a set of triple tree forks to get the ball rolling. I love the way they look. No suspension but I don't mind! It just seems most all of your better MTB suspension forks are made for quick release skewers.
Heck, I have couple sets of TT's leftover from the Fito's I use for my builds for $25 +shipping.
I only used them one build.

RedGT2done2L.jpg

RedGT2done2bars.jpg

They work just dandy on a real GT2-A frame but I'm a comfort guy and like shocks and they don't come in 'quick release' only, that's just silly ;-}

They work just dandy on a real GT2-A frame but I'm a comfort guy and like shocks and they don't come in 'quick release' only, that's just silly ;-}

Really I couldn't find any that didn't say they were made for QR? I did give up on the idea rather early in the search though and went with the triple tree. Another reason being the nicer rock shocks are a little out of my budget. I like the way the triple trees look and they were a good mark cheaper. I know you get what you pay for but they look pretty solid. The whole process of building this new one is gonna be a bit longer I suspect lol.

mzmiami on ebay and kcsbikes.com are the only two vendors I'm aware of currently selling legit skyhawk frames. the knockoffs aren't heat treated properly and can easily break.
If you are looking for the real stuff see http://Bicycle-Engines.com
They are an approved buyer and carry the good stuff including the new GT2 frames.

Thank you guys for the information. I just placed an order with BicycleEngines for the authentic skyhawk frame. I appreciate all your help!

So this bike is $500 bucks and there's another bike I'm looking at for $300. This one is apparently marketed for motorizing and the other is just a regular type beach cruiser. The specs on this KMB kit seem pretty decent with heavy duty wheelset, front disc brake, springer forks and the built in engine mount and gas tank on the frame. IT seems like a novel idea but what do you guys think. Here's a link to the product page on gasbike.net.

http://www.gasbike.net/collections/.../products/kmb-motorized-bicycle-diy-bike-only

Any input is welcome because I'm on the fence with this one.

View attachment 71605
I bought from them under a different name I believe they're called kingsmotorbikes and everything I got was damaged I got a melted cable things were bent stripped missing incomplete I bought approximately between 2 and $300 worth of aftermarket products and everything was messed up. EVERYTHING STAY AWAY FROM THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE. JUST MY OPINION /EXPERIENCE. AND WHAT I HAVE READ SO MUCH & MANY TIMES ON MANY BLOGS. GOOD LUCK, maybe you'll get lucky and get a good piece of equipment it's your gamble it's your money and if you do purchase from them absolutely pay with PayPal they refused me on PayPal they would not accept it do not purchase anything without PayPal they will protect you!!!!!

We look out for each other around here ;-}

Hey KCvale. I think I may have run into a problem. I wan't to run a coaster brake wheel on the rear of the skyhawk frame I just got in the mail today. The thing is the spacing on the rear is 135mm and every single coaster wheel that I can find has 110mm spacing inner nut to nut. I know I can use axle spacers but I'm not sure that the total axle length on these wheels, which is 165mm will be long enough to actually bolt on. I'm sure the frame would suck in a bit but I don't think that would be good.

I know you have a lot of experience with these frames and I was hoping you could offer a possible solution. I really am set on having coaster brakes on the rear wheel.

Thanks

Would it work if I spaced it out about 7mm on both sides bringing it to about 125mm, then suck the frame in about 5mm on both sides with the axle nuts so I have enough total length on the 165mm axles?

Back