Anybody call you lazy?

Never been called lazy for riding mine, but then 90% of the time I have a surf board attached to mine. I get all the exercise I'll ever need surfing. I tried riding a no motor bike there and back, but an hour there, hour back "up hill" plus 2-4 hours surfing is way too much exercise.

The staff acted all snotty and one guy asked me:
"Why don't you just motorize your legs?"
-Mike

lol I would have asked sarcastically "Can you do that?" "Got on info on how?" I need details. Then you could go running by all the cyclist at 60mph yelling you lazy people.

Too funny!

Actually, you can "motorixe" your legs. There's a gadget I read about on the web a couple of years ago the mates a pair of carbon fiber spring leg prosthetics to a cimpression fired LNG powered piston driver on each of them - the accompanying video showed the Austrian inventor wearing them strapped to his feet/lower legs, running at 30 mph. He claimed that the small LNG canister on each device was good for about 25 kilometers at 50 kph.

Having spent hundreds...no joke...hundreds of hours designing and building my bike (ongoing)...I don't feel too lazy.

We refer tp the spandex crowd as "Vanity Riders" around here ! You can always tell the rookies from the pros. The rookies always have the latest, greatest and most exensive equipment, but not a clue how to use it !

I call them the spandex superheroes, or gram counters. There are very few things I find more enjoyable than hitting the trails, finding these guys, and passing them on their $5000 carbon fiber bikes. The best is when they see me passing them, and they try to keep up. My bike was my sole mode of transportation for several years in the city. I can crank those pedals all day if I have to.

I haven't built my MB yet. (Waiting for our governor to sign the bill into law that allows me to ride it legally) But if any of those grape smugglers ever have the nerve to call me lazy when I'm on it, I'll just laugh.

While doing my build, I visited a local bike shop for some parts I needed and I happened to mention I was motorizing my bike. The staff acted all snotty and one guy asked me:
"Why don't you just motorize your legs?"

Thats not even a clever or creative smartass response. What an idiot. You are a paying customer.

I've found that a lot of the spandex warriors have a "holier than thou" attitude when it comes to motor-powered vehicles either way.

gram counters may criticize, but it takes a lot of work and skill to build a motorized bike, and has already been said... many motorized bikers use the engine to just go up hill or zip through tough spots (or pass the gram counters :mad:) so let them call ya lazy... and enjoy their blissful ignorance.

I'm looking forward to becoming an MBer soon...here to learn first.

When I get snotty comments,
I ask if they criticize moped and scooter riders?
Aint no difference, imo.

A little off topic ,
Awhile back, this woman in a Prius (smug) stopped next to me (on my goped)
and yelled at me if I was buying any carbon offset credits for riding my scoot.
I told her, "Why don't you go suck a ****?"
That was a good day.

Ya gotta have the one liners ready for the snotty comments as they come.

Um...you get much better mileage than any Prius....and don't look like a pretensious poseur.

Back