Arch rigid chain tensioners

I totally understand why one would go with no chain tensioner, but how does one account for the initial chain stretch? Once the chain has stretched, I might go that route. I'm inspired by your Hyper build, Damien 1307:) Where did you buy your center stand?-Gearhead222

but how does one account for the initial chain stretch?
I don't buy into the excessive chain stretch theories I always hear about...lol.

I cut my chains when they were brand new and have had to only loosen my axle nuts once to push it a little further into the dropouts just once in three years of use, and at that, it might have only been by 1.5 to 2mm at most.

I'm inspired by your Hyper build, Damien 1307:)
Here is a "tutorial" as to how I did it, where I got my parts etc.

I have never had an issue with chain stretch in anything this low power. I also bought quality chain from tractor supply. It helps when you have a quality chain

Thanx Damien 1307! The spare center stand from my last build is a bit too long for my Hyper cruiser. Will check out video:)-Gearhead222

Hard to tell, but does your center stand base fit between the lips of the Hyper base plate that's welded onto the frame? Could you measure the width of this center stand baseplate? Thank you again for any information. Looks like a superior stand-Gearhead222

Hard to tell, but does your center stand base fit between the lips of the Hyper base plate that's welded onto the frame? Could you measure the width of this center stand baseplate? Thank you again for any information. Looks like a superior stand-Gearhead222
It's a direct fit...Remove the existing kick stand and replace with center stand...Easy peasy, no modifications necessary to do it...lol.

This stand is totally height adjustable...You will have to lengthen the adjustment more on the right side leg than the left to have it perfectly level...That is just how they are made to be able to service most bike makes on the market.

My left leg of the center stands set screw is on the bottom most hole, and the right side set screw is set in the middle hole, 4th hole from the bottom, to make it level...I have had this stand for 5 years now mounted on two different bike frames, still works perfectly for me.

Ps...When I bought mine 5 years ago, it was only 20 bucks...lol.

Back