Are you legal?

An air volume meter will tell precise CC displacement.
I used to race go-karts and the officials would check the winning machines before
any purse or trophy was given, takes one minute.
It screws into the spark plug hole and measures the amount of air pushed out
on the compresion stroke. Cheap handy little tool.
I seriously doubt any agency would go that far.

ps: I mounted my plate /

A

I used to race go-karts and the officials would check the winning machines before

A

Hmmm....this would assume that the cam has both valves closed during the entire compression cycle from BDC to TDC though, right? Different cams (specifically ones that didn't have the valves closed for the entire compression cycle) would read a lower CC. (4 stroke engine)

Warner

sacramento ca , no problem with police or CHP i have turn signals / horn, brake light, spedometer, head light and helmet with light attached, also M1 just in case, i ride in the street to right of lane when safe , cops just ride by window down, i think it all about safety , and some call it over kill , i call it safety and the less issues the less violations.

Hmmm....this would assume that the cam has both valves closed during the entire compression cycle from BDC to TDC though, right? Different cams (specifically ones that didn't have the valves closed for the entire compression cycle) would read a lower CC. (4 stroke engine)

Warner

LOL, you could argue that to a judge with 80cc specs.
It worked in kart racing.
The karts were two stroke.

A

A

you bet the cops here will do this . they can demand you walk the bike home . or take the the bike off you . do full dyno test . then proceed too **** u over in court . thats what the cops are like here:confused:

yeh kiwi cops are even worse, in NZ you cant complain about the police, so they just do whatever they want(ok slight exag), our police moderation is all about public sympathy, if you are a upstanding type or just anyone likely to get sympathy you can go to the media regarding the police, if it makes the news the police might back down, thats the only option, and is NOT an exaggeration.
if youre a smelly punk rocker like me with a crim record, youre pretty much screwed.:mad:
if i get caught riding a bike with any sized petrol motor it will be impounded and cost $360 to get back minimum(they charge rent of $14 a day after that if you cant come up with the money) i would like to go electric as they have yet to outlaw them(need a licence if bike exceeds 300kw, then youre allowed up to 600kw) but they cost a ridiculous amount, i will eventually do electric tho, hub motor and hub battery disguised with mags on a cool looking cruiser, wires in frame, motorbike style accelerator.

100% all the way as Alabama has some of the laxest laws concerning motored assisted bicycles (at or less then 150cc) 14 to <16, permit and helmet. 16 and older.... nothing except at night....lights, for obvious reasons. Have NO problems with local LEO from town to town. They just look and do a double take and return a wave. For those without a drivers license (my son), as one would say....Greatest thing since sliced bread... I think of it as giving my son WINGS, cheap set at that to boot. Heck, before the HT he was stopped early in the morning on a plain peddle bicycle and ID'ed... as 3AM is unusal for someone to ride a bicycle.

Last edited:
Back