Back for more, from northeast OK!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tinker1980, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Tinker1980

Tinker1980 Guest

I've been away from the forum for a while, until someone asked me if it was possible to put a motor on a bicycle. (what a silly idea, right?)

I recently bought a bike that is absolutely crying out to have an engine installed, it's a bright orange bike with black fenders, whitewall tires, spring saddle and 7 speeds. It's a Kulana MoonDog from Wal-marx, cost me $100... would it be a good candidate for a frame-mounted engine?

Oklahoma is a little more forgiving with their motorized bicycle laws... engine has to be less than 150cc (!) and cannot move faster than 30 MPH. I'd have to print out a copy of the specific section in the DPS regulations to carry with me, though... the police here are the reason so many get a bad name.

Lastly... where is the best place to get a frame-mounted 2 stroke engine? I've seen several people, ebay and their own sites, claiming that their engine is the best, even though they look very much alike. What do I need to look for?

2. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Mark, welcome to MBc! You've definitely come to the right place to get the information you're looking for. I'll suggest that you check out the Vendor Reviews section so you can make an informed choice about the best vendor to buy from.