Begin the Madness... 6.5hp Motorized Bike 162cc :) "Upd

why, is it geared for climbing?? thats pretty slow for such a big motor.

jon

I do not really want to go that fast like I said thats not the purpose of it. My purpose is to stay within the law on the speed. Also I do not trust bicycle tires to go that fast.

162cc's, thats about 112 cc's illegal, dont bother...its not meant to be legal. or is the engine all for show ( ooh ive got a 6.5hp motor thats 162cc's with this and that and blah blah blah, BUT it only goes 34 mph. :? )

but thats just me talkin no offence, dont be insulted. i just dont think such a nice setup should go to waste at 34 mph.

jon

but where would I ride it at such speed :eek: And as well from speaking with mike simpson he spoke of tires not being able to handle speeds that high. :???:

Its many factors of why.

Maybe he wants to be able to run it in a parade. :)

I can understand why people say run it faster with such a big engine but really if he wants it to run at 30mph or so max then thats fine, I just want to see it finished.
With it geared low like that it should be very easy to drive I'd think.

i agree with that, i expect it'll be a very responsive machine throughout the entire intended range...0-35mph in 2 seconds could be fun, i bet :devilish: :LOL:

i'm only having a bit of gearhead fun, slicer...you know i'm watching this project closely for my own reasons :)

yeah,i understand,the wheels cant handle that speed, i just wonder why the whizzer was made to go 70 mph when a bike cant handle that speed. yet at that high gear ratio, it should have good acceleration and torque.

its still cool looking :D :D :D

jon

Herrmanator8 said:
yeah,i understand,the wheels cant handle that speed, i just wonder why the whizzer was made to go 70 mph when a bike cant handle that speed. yet at that high gear ratio, it should have good acceleration and torque.

its still cool looking :D :D :D

jon

Well the whizzer uses better tires/wheels I think? I do eventually want to get motorcycle wheels for my bike just to get that extra strength. I just have to find them at a reasonable cost is all :) Smaller tires/wheels is not that big of a deal I just modify the rear sprocket and I have same speed.

Also I think the wider tires would handle better.

augidog said:
i agree with that, i expect it'll be a very responsive machine throughout the entire intended range...0-35mph in 2 seconds could be fun, i bet :devilish: :LOL:

i'm only having a bit of gearhead fun, slicer...you know i'm watching this project closely for my own reasons :)

Indeed it will be snap head power I think I am kind of scared.

Yep I hope that my project helps your Wisconsin :)

Update, Its built and rideable. The only downside is I crashed at 25mph in deep sand but I did not hurt myself. However it showed me the frame is solid and it does 35-40mph without grunting. Its a fast beast :)

Back