best exhaust wrap for protecting legs from burns

2" tape is going to be too wide for bends, 1" would be better.
As for welding I have a couple places around me, catch them at lunch time and you can get a bargain at least I did.
Yeah that's true about that 2 inch stuff, it can be a pain to bend but the good stuff handles it pretty well if you really pull it tight. My solution was to soak it and unravel and tie one end over a handrail outside, then really pull it tight from across the yard with the muffler in hand,just wrap it till it's done.

Expansion chambers on the other hand are a huge pain to wrap, even small ones are just irritating. I don't know if 1 inch wrap would be any easier on an expansion pipe but maybe someone else can chime in on that.

thats why i bought 100 feet. i figure thats enough to screw up and just do it again. or just wrap the crap out of it and call it a day. either way its a small exhaust. i also got an idea on how to solve my issue. i can face the exhaust the opposite way, bend the pipe up a little away from the clutch, and then just stick some flex tube i ordered from carid.com on it. and quik steel it together or something. ill post a pic of th exhaust in a minute.

tmp_28473-IMG_20170203_0919272055532638.jpg
tmp_28473-IMG_20170203_091930691058212.jpg
tmp_28473-IMG_20170203_0919231454139453.jpg
tmp_28473-IMG_20170203_091916984045043.jpg

Bend it up, put flex tubing in it, wrap it around the front, under the bottom and out the back.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/122325025743

Like that but not priced retardedly and with a restrictive muffler from a cheap two stroke.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
What an annoying as hell shape for an exhaust header... It's like it wants to be inconvenient...

Are you sure quick steel takes that temp well with all the vibration? Might be better to have a welder hit it. How about cutting the tube an inch or 2 from the flange and put the flex tube from there to wherever you want?

What an annoying as hell shape for an exhaust header... It's like it wants to be inconvenient...

s**t i know. anyway, if i get a coupler that fits in the exhaust and finagle it onto the tubing i can screw the flex tube in, i was hoping for that kind of modular design. either that or i can just use the muffler repair wrap and then use a boat load of the ebay muffler wrap i ordered and then duct tape it all down and together.

Bend it up, put flex tubing in it, wrap it around the front, under the bottom and out the back.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/122325025743

Like that but not priced retardedly and with a restrictive muffler from a cheap two stroke.
That much flex tubing will be more restrictive than plain cut pipe so you know, maybe not that much of an issue on a 4 stroke but on 2 strokes it can really take a toll on the motor's performance.

Not sure actually how restrictive a pipe on a 4 stroke needs to be before it ruins the strength, maybe a question for KCvale

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
well ya thats actually a good question. also, what kind of flex tubing is that? it looks almost like its sewn together.

oh my bad, i mean on the ebay link, the exhaust uses some kind of flex tubing that looks almost sewn together, ive seen it before but only in small joints, not as a like an actual foot of tubing. somewhere i saw called it nickson tubing or something

Back