Clutch better clutch lever?

jatgm1

Local time
7:28 AM
the clutch lever that came with the kit, dont get me wrong, it works, but the issue im having is that if i leave it in the locked position its still partially engaged, and if i adjust it so its not at all engaged when its in the locked position, it constantly slips. the clutch doesnt lock all the way out it locks kinda half way out where if i leave it in the locked position when im just sitting there the clutch will still rub and it will stall out. what clutch lever is better? or is there a way i can jury rig this to lock all the way disengaged? other than a rubber-band or something. believe me ive contemplated it.

the amount of 'grab' that the clutch has is dependent on the distance between the locked and unlocked position of the lever

I've never found a good way to add something to the stop to make the lever lock farther back, but have had good luck filing the lever housing so that the lever sits farther forward when released.

My stock lever works great and have no problem with the clutch either in the lock disengaged position or in the engaged position. Are you sure the flower nut on the clutch is adjusted properly?

The more you screw the flower nut in the more spring tension you get. The two motors I have came where you could see about a thread in the flower nut till the stud. Only make tighten or loosen one or two notches at a time then test ride. Another thing that can make a big difference is make sure you clutch cable is lubed well. Best of luck

there are about 8 or 10 styles of these levers - the very long ones rarely have enough distance between lock & unlock - I buy medium length levers that often have so much room between those points that I need to file the stop a bit to clear the handle bar - easy fix and good performance

Back